Closed

Saturday, May 19, 2012

On Wednesday afternoon--during our lunch hour, actually--we vacuumed and we scrubbed. And then we walked out of this place for the very last time.
It was our first home together. It was the place we came home to the day we got married. In it, we decorated a nursery in preparation for a beautiful baby. And then we brought Nora home to this small, cozy space.

But honestly, it wasn't sad to leave it. We moved on with our lives--welcomed a new beginning, if you will--a long time ago. If you've been following this saga, you know that when we moved last summer, we weren't able to sell our old condo. We had to rent it out, which was fine, but not something that we really wanted to do. But eight months later, our friends/tenants moved out, and 18 days after that--on this past Thursday afternoon--the buyer signed the papers that made her the new owner.

We really couldn't have asked for it to work out any better, except if we had actually sold it last year! Otherwise, the timing seemed serendipitous. Needless to say, to get rid of this place is a huge relief--emotionally, physically, mentally and financially.

I almost can't even believe it's really over. I think it'll take me some time to process completely.

Celebration is in order!

4 comments:

Meegs May 19, 2012 at 10:41 PM  

Congratulations!! I can only imagine how huge of a relief that is!

Anonymous,  May 19, 2012 at 11:26 PM  

Congrats! I am really happy this chapter of your life has come to an end. It's been a long one for you. Now you can truly be happy in your new place with no worries!

Vanessa May 20, 2012 at 5:32 AM  

I am so happy for you! It must be an amazing feeling of relief!

I must say my heart skipped a beat when I saw the facebook update as I thought you were ending your blog!

I'm so happy it's not that sort of ending!

Have fun celebrating!

Helen May 22, 2012 at 12:31 PM  

Congratulations! So happy for you guys :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP