A Day About Nothing

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Every time I blog about the Poconos, I feel like it's just a gigantic photo dump because, well, it's a vacation during which we don't do a whole lot. We take tons of photos because we can and plus it's beautiful, but... they kind of speak for themselves. There aren't a lot of words required. :)

On Saturday morning, we woke up in the Poconos to much better weather. It was sunny, it was already getting warm--it was just beautiful. Plus, I had gotten a much better night of sleep, and Nora slept until after 7:00 a.m., which was oh.so.appreciated.


We settled into the breakfast nook/sunroom for some breakfast, where Nora ate in the exact same spot as she did last year. (She looks a little different now, huh?)

(Fun fact: That bib is the very first thing we ever bought for our unborn baby--who, of course, turned out to be Nora--when I was 19 weeks pregnant and we were vacationing in Florida.)
Clearly, she was a bit too high up for the table, as she could get her foot up there--and kept doing it, despite us politely asking her not to. I think that this look is a "Yeah, that's right. So what are you going to do about it?" face. Lovely.

After breakfast, it was time for more outdoor play in our pajamas. Ahhh... vacation.

Hunter gave Nora a hug and a kiss and she got this cute little half-smile look on her face. Precious.
The big three-year-old cheesing it up for the camera.
Eventually, it got hot enough that everyone wanted to head down to the pond, so I took Nora upstairs to get her into one of her bathing suits. But it's actually more than a bathing suit...
...it's an ensemble. And we can thank Michael's aunt for this one. It's to die for.
Once down at the dock, Nora would've jumped right in if I had let her, but thankfully she settled for me holding her VERY TIGHTLY and letting her dip her feet in.
We also hunted for and counted fish.

We had a little lunch, Skyped with Trevor in Afghanistan, put the kids down for their naps, and then us girls--Kara, Marie, and I--headed back to the outlet mall for a little more shopping. When we were there on Friday, we had split up for a while, and when we compared notes sales after we got back to the house, we discovered that we had each missed out on really good deals at some of the stores! We were gone for a couple of hours, and by the time we got back, the kids were up and ready to play again.

Tessa, on the other hand, was completely exhausted.

(I love the clasped hands!)

Cousins! Look how they are smiling at each other. Could they be any cuter?

Fun times with the bubble machine.

While we made dinner, Nora and Hunter sat down to watch a little bit of a movie on the iPad. Ahhhh... a short break for the grown-ups! :)

We grilled out again, and after dinner, Nora was more than ready for bed again. Once she was down, I came outside to find my brother making a fire in the fire pit. Awesome.

Hunter loves his "Uncle Ty."

And he loves his "Aunt Ree," too.

The parents-to-be... only two more months until we meet their little boy.

Hunter and Kara

My mom and me, snuggling Tessa

It was then that I noticed how Hunter wears his flip-flops. How funny is that??

We finally decided to bust out the s'mores materials, including these gigantic marshmallows that Michael and I found at BJ's Wholesale Club before we left. They didn't fit on the half graham crackers that you'd typically use for a s'more, so we had to use whole graham crackers.

...I wasn't complaining. :)

A great day in the pokey-nose (as my brothers called it when they were little).

4 comments:

Tayia May 31, 2012 at 2:28 AM  

I love seeing the annual Poconos photo dump posts. It gets me excited and geared up for all of the fun summer stuff my family has planned.

The photo of Nora and her foot on the table? So stinkin' cute! I am also totally jealous of that ridiculously adorable swimsuit outfit. Lol, for my baby, not me.

As always, thanks for sharing!

Vanessa May 31, 2012 at 2:55 AM  

I totally love them too, they are uplifting! And congrats to Marie and Tyler on their impending addition, that will be so wonderful! Gorgeous photos of what looks like a glorious vacation.

Krystle May 31, 2012 at 2:46 PM  

Where did you get Nora's adorable pink and purple shoes??

Heather May 31, 2012 at 9:17 PM  

Krystle, those are Jumping Beans brand from Kohls. We saw similar ones at Oshkosh over the weekend, too. In fact, Kara got Hunter a pair of the boy's version the lime green/gray ones that he's wearing in a lot of the weekend's photos. I love the athletic sandals, they're perfect for little kids!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP