Mama's Day

Sunday, May 13, 2012

I may still be waiting for that magical word--"Mama," of course--to cross Nora's lips, but there are a million and one other reasons to love being her mother.

I had a fantastic Mother's Day. It started with waking up to another beautiful day, grabbing my smiling girl from her crib, and bounding barefoot down the stairs to make a homemade breakfast in the kitchen. The kitchen that is looking REALLY awesome these days.

That's right--the cabinet doors are back on, folks. If you follow Heather Drive on Facebook, you got a sneak peek cell phone pic this weekend. If you don't follow on Facebook (why not? you totally should!), you'll get to see a few bits of it in these adorable pics of Miss Nora "helping" me make our strawberry pancakes this morning. Little one likes to be all up in the action in the kitchen.


(Hello, glistening white cabinets. But ANYWAY... back to Mother's Day.) Check Nora out withher measuring cups and her little bear. Gotta love it.


My beautiful girl. A single tear hanging out on her cheek--I don't even remember what she was losing her cool over, but I think it might've involved the delay in breakfast being served. Girlfriend doesn't like waiting for her food in the morning. Go figure.

So serious. I can assure you that I successfully turned that frown upside down once I set a plate full of strawberry pancakes (recipe coming this week!) and fresh strawberries in front of her. She was just as excited about plate #2. And then plate #3. She sure does love homemade pancakes.

After breakfast, Nora went over to the sliding glass door and "asked" (without using words) to go outside, so she and I went on an adventure in the backyard while Michael tackled the dishes (good guy).


The remainder of the morning was pretty normal, a few errands out and about before coming home to put Nora down for a nap.


While she was sleeping, I went to Joann Fabrics with my mom to pick out fabric for the shade I'm going to make for the kitchen window, and once I was home and Nora was up, we went to my in-laws' for a little while before we ended up at my mom's with my family for some delicious takeout Chinese food, which we ate out on her deck in the gorgeous weather.

Fun, fun, fun. Seriously a great day.

Then, I did bathtime, which ended the best way bathtime possibly can end:


Yeah, pretty much the greatest thing ever.

And then I realized that aside from the sunglasses photo, we hadn't gotten any nice "posed" pics in honor of Mother's Day, so we did them with Nora in her jammies at bedtime.


Precious girl. I feel so blessed to be her mommy.

Happy Mother's Day to all of the mothers out there. I hope you enjoyed your day as much as I did.

3 comments:

Victoria at Figuring Out The Details May 13, 2012 at 11:46 PM  

Happy Mother's Day! I didn't know Nora doesn't say Mama yet - neither does our 14 month old George. He thinks "momma" and "dada" mean he should point to himself. Oops. I've been reading your blog for a while on my phone, and I'm trying to get better about hopping on the computer to leave a comment. Love the kitchen reno so far

Vanessa May 14, 2012 at 5:13 AM  

SUCH a lovely post, Heather! You both look beautiful! So glad you had a great mother's day!
I am super excited to see your recipe for strawberry pancakes and hear about your kitchen blind. I am thinking of making my own blinds for our kitchen, so would love to see what you do.
This post makes me excited about the mother-daughter relationship I will share with our girl one day!

Heather May 14, 2012 at 10:06 PM  

Victoria, Nora is 20 months and we still don't have very many words. My nephew was a late talker, too, so I'm thinking it just runs in the family. :) We shall see as she gets closer to age 2!

Vanessa, THANK YOU! And I didn't know you are having a girl... CONGRATS! You are going to love it.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP