38 Hours

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Wow, I did such a good job posting really regularly throughout August. In September? I'm not off to such a great start.

This week has been interesting. A short week, yet packed with stuff. Just happens to be mostly boring stuff that's not worth blogging about.

The most exciting thing this week...

Yesterday morning, I called my 9-months-pregnant friend, Theresa, for something random. She didn't answer her phone at her office, and I jokingly left a voicemail, "Well, I hope you're not--or actually, I should say, I hope you ARE!--at the hospital in labor!" I laughed it off, because there have been a few times in the last few weeks when she hasn't answered her phone and I automatically convinced myself she was in labor. Of course, she never was.

I went about my morning normally.

Around 1:00 p.m., my cell phone rang and it was her. She sounded a little funny, but she was calling, so I didn't think too much about it. Casually, and as usual, I said, "Hey! What's going on?" Her response?

Voice slightly strained, "Oh, nothing. Just in labor." Leave it to Theresa to be joking, even when experiencing contractions. After a very short conversation, I told her I was going to let her go to concentrate on laboring. She had gone to the hospital but was sent back home because her contractions weren't strong enough.

So, the whole day, I'm anxiously awaiting news... any news.

Around 9:00 p.m., I signed onto Facebook and noticed that her husband, Greg, had changed his Facebook status only 4 minutes before. I thought maybe he was still signed on, so I sent him a message to get an update. A little while later, he did get back to me, telling me they were in the hospital and things were moving along. We communicated back and forth in the time between then and when I went to bed. I thought for sure I would wake up this morning to baby news.

But there was nothing.

I thought for sure they must've had the baby, but were just too busy to send out an announcement. Understandable, sure, but come on! I was so anxious for them, I just wanted to know what was going on. I eventually sent Greg another message through Facebook and waited to hear back.

Finally, around 12:35 p.m., a response... STILL no baby, she's being prepped for a c-section. A c-section after 38+ hours of labor. This woman is a saint.

Around 3:00, another message: "Baby accomplished. Details to follow." (Isn't he funny?)

I was so relieved that it was over, and so happy for them. But there was one little detail I was still DYING to know. The baby's NAME. Theresa and Greg found out several months ago that they were expecting a boy, and shared that news with everybody. However, they remained adament that they would not be sharing his name before his birth.

So I continued to wait patiently (OK, or maybe I was a bit impatient!) to hear ALL of the details. At last, around 4:30 p.m., a text message with a picture (he is sooo cute), and a name.


Awwwwww. I can't wait to meet him, and am so excited for Theresa and Greg.

And I still can't believe so many of our friends are starting to have babies. Holy crap.


Anonymous,  September 5, 2008 at 2:14 PM  

OoOO A fall baby! I was a fall baby. My soon to be husband is a fall baby. I LOVE fall babies! we're pretty fabulous!

Congrats!!! (Not that you had the baby, haha, but still aunties deserve congrats!)

Jennifer,  September 5, 2008 at 10:49 PM  

oh how exciting! what about your life changing news-any updates yet?! maybe a babyy.... :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP