Oh, Tina Fey

Sunday, September 14, 2008

How I love you so.

In case you missed it, Tina Fey returned to Saturday Night Live last night to play Sarah Palin. I never watch SNL anymore, but since Obama was scheduled to appear (I didn't realize he had cancelled due to Hurricane Ike), and there were rumors swirling that Tina Fey would be back for Palin, I knew we had to tune in.

I was not disappointed.

Tina Fey as Sarah Palin: They resemble each other as it is, so it was pretty uncanny to see her with clothes, makeup and hair like Palin. And the accent and mannerisms--she did them so well! And of course, a practically 9-months-pregnant Amy Poehler as Hillary Clinton... always gotta love that as well.

(Ugh. I had a YouTube video embedded here, but no sooner did I have it up that it was taken down at YouTube. Damn you, NBC, and your copyright claims. But you can watch the video here at NBC.com: Sarah Palin & Hillary Clinton Opening)

I'd like to think that this stuff is funny, regardless of your political beliefs. I mean, even if you love Sarah Palin--"I can see Russia from my house"--that's still funny, right? I hope so. I'd hate to think people take this stuff too seriously.

I'm looking forward to more SNL. Well, political skits anyway. I'll likely be DVRing so I can fast-forward through all the crap to get to the good stuff. I hope Tina Fey comes back a few more times as Palin. It was too good to not do again!

I was a freshman in college during the 2000 election, but I recorded (on VHS!) SNL every Saturday night just so I could see the political skits. Will Ferrell as George Bush and Darrell Hammond as Al Gore. Those were the days.

Remember when SNL was actually funny? I barely even know any of the actors that are on there now. It's a bummer.

2 comments:

Melissa September 14, 2008 at 4:32 PM  

I heard that Tina Fey may be on, so I tuned in.

HILARIOUS! I loved every second of it.

I love you Tina Fey!

Heather September 15, 2008 at 11:55 AM  

I caught the opening of SNL and thought it was super funny! Tina Fey did a great job!

I never watch SNL anymore either, and during the opening credits I kept thinking.. "Who are all of these people??"

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP