Celebrity Sightings

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

In my Vegas recaps, I forgot to mention our celebrity sightings. :)

We were all walking to our gate in the Atlanta airport on Saturday when Shannon made the first spotting. She came up from behind us and said, "You guys! That was a Backstreet Boy!" We all looked, and it turned out that Brian Littrell had walked right past us with his wife and son. I can be tremendously unobservant, so I'm not surprised I didn't see him, even though I definitely would have recognized him if I had.

(The kid is a lot older now, maybe 5 years old? He had really long hair, too. I almost mistook him for a girl.)

They ended up stopping at a gate right next to ours for a flight to Los Angeles. So of course, we all spent the next five minutes (until we boarded) trying not to stare. The funny thing was that for the most part, people left him alone. I guess he's not that big of a super star anymore, huh?

The biggest surprise was how tiny he is. He is a very small-looking man. Anyway, that was our most famous celebrity sighting, and we weren't even in Vegas yet.

For the second sighting, I have to give Dave major credit. I'm really surprised he recognized him. We were walking through Caesar's Palace when all of a sudden, Dave stopped us in our tracks and said, "That's Jason Peters!" We look over, and sure enough, there's our big offensive lineman, playing craps.

What are the chances we'd go all the way to Vegas and run into a Buffalo Bill? So funny. We stood back for a few minutes and debated about whether to approach him, but he looked to be in the middle of some serious gambling, so we decided not to. Not only that, but he was supposed to be in Hawaii playing in the Pro Bowl that very same day--he didn't play due to injury.

We tried to keep our eyes open to potentially spot others during our trip, but to no avail. Maybe next trip!

6 comments:

Michelleigh February 12, 2009 at 9:07 PM  

I live in Greenville, SC and fly through Atlanta any time we fly somewhere...and I've never had a "sighting" there. But everyone I know has. I must be REALLY unobservant! Looks like your trip was a ton of fun!!

Hailey February 12, 2009 at 9:19 PM  

Aw, little B-Rok! Brian is so very small. That is cool you saw him though. Your trip sounded like a blast! I can't wait to go back to Vegas!

Laura February 12, 2009 at 9:44 PM  

i saw wayne newton in the vegas airport before our flight home. it was the most exciting thing ever!

Michelle MGD February 12, 2009 at 9:59 PM  

We went to Vegas a few years back and it my husband's first time there. We were walking through the hotels and got to Caesar's Palace and saw Pete Rose sitting outside of a sports memorabilia store signing autographs. My husband is a huge baseball fan and was shocked. We stood there and talked to him for a while, took a picture and got an autograph. Nothing could top that the rest of the trip.

Unknown February 13, 2009 at 8:53 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen February 13, 2009 at 8:56 AM  

Ok, the above "google" post was me. Sorry, hehe. I forgot that I signed into Adwords for work while I was reading blogs. Anyway, I meant to say...

Oh wow, I would've died if I had seen Brian :P. I'm a total BSB fan (and nerd), and the closet I've been is 5th row at their concert last summer haha.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP