SSG Archer Says Thank You

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

For those of you on Team Archer (and even if you are on Team Fuller!) for this round of Operation Baking Gals, I wanted to share this e-mail with you.

Anna, the blog reader who nominated Ryan Archer to be one of our soldiers, forwarded me the following e-mail this afternoon:

Hi Anna,

I just wanted to let you know that I received three boxes in the mail today from the Operation Baking Gals team and me and some of the guys have already dipped into the cookies and they were great.

In response to the request for more information I am originally from Georgia but have lived in the Fayetteville/ Fort Bragg, North Carolina area for the past seven years. I am currently engaged and will be getting married soon after returning home in a few months.

My favorite type of dessert is most definitely brownies... got some today actually and they were awesome. I think that is about it.

I just wanted to say thank you to all of those who have or will be sending stuff to us here because we all like getting mail and sharing it among the guys here.

Thanks for your support
Ryan
I was so happy to hear from him in some way, as I never did hear from the soldier I baked for back in December. I know they're most certainly busy over there, but it's just nice to get some confirmation that the packages were received!

I still have to bake my goods and ship them out this weekend. I have been busy this time around and have been procrastinating. I guess I will be sending Ryan some brownies! :)

Anyway, I wanted to be sure to pass along the thanks so that you all know how much your work has been appreciated. I will pass on any other notes I happen to receive from either Ryan or our other soldier, Walter Fuller.

If you haven't gotten your baked goods out yet, there is still time! Even if you get it out a few days late (say, early next week even), I'm sure the guys over there won't be complaining.

Thanks again for your participation; I am so proud!

4 comments:

Mrs. Boom February 19, 2009 at 12:01 PM  

Completely unrelated to your post but, I just wanted to thank you for posting the Beef Stroganoff recipe a while back. I just tried it last night to rave review's from FI. It tasted just like the one my mom used to make growing up.

Laura Lewis February 19, 2009 at 7:40 PM  

I just absolutely adore the whole operation baking gals thing. Is there anyway I could become a part of this??

Heather February 19, 2009 at 7:51 PM  

Laura,

I tried to go leave a comment on your blog to get in touch with you, but for some reason, it was not working. I couldn't get the "post a comment" page to pull up. Anyway, hopefully you'll come back here and see this.

If you want to get involved in Operation Baking Gals, you should visit this post from a few weeks ago.

You will have to move pretty quickly. Shipping for this round is supposed to end on Saturday (Feb. 21), but it will be fine if you are a couple days late. But if you can't get your package of goodies out to one of the soldiers by say, Tuesday... you should probably hold off until the next round. I plan to head at least one team again next time, so I'll surely be posting about it when the next round starts (not sure when that is going to be yet).

So, you can either go sign up for one of the Heather Drive teams now and get baking; or you can stay tuned until I post information for Round 7.

Either way, thanks for your interest!

Mrs. J L February 20, 2009 at 1:19 PM  

Wow this is definitely really nice of you to be doing! I had never even heard of this. I too have interest and will wait for the next round. Please keep us up to date. thanks!!!! :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP