Badass Brownies

Sunday, February 15, 2009

We don't "celebrate" Valentine's Day, but yesterday, we still wanted to indulge a bit. So we not only ordered pizza (which we almost never do), but we also made dessert for just the two of us (no sharing!).

And this is not just a regular brownie. This is a brownie with chunks of chocolate chip cookie mixed in. I mean, seriously. Talk about heaven on a plate.

And I owe this one completely to Betty. Sure, you could go all out and make this from scratch. It's not hard to figure out. Brownie batter recipe + cookie dough recipe. But Betty made it so easy.

You see, she put it all in the same box. (Thank you, Betty.)

It turned out that this Valentine's Day was all about loving Betty.

You start off by mixing up the brownie batter. Pour into baking dish, as usual.

But THEN! THEN, my friends, you go an extra mile and you mix up the package of chocolate chip cookie dough.

And THEN (and this is the mind-blowing part), you drop dollops of that chocolate chip cookie dough into the brownie batter. (!!!!!)

If this isn't perfection, I don't know what is.

Pop it in the oven for almost an hour, and you've got yourself some kicked-up, badass brownies.

The only thing I can think of that Betty could do to make this easier? The dishes.

(Just kidding, Betty, you know I love you. Please don't shun me.)

7 comments:

Nicole February 16, 2009 at 4:49 PM  

Those look amazing!
And hey, you can celebrate Valentine's Day without going all commercial-- it sounds like you guys found some nice ways to enjoy one another. We like to use Valentine's Day to do something a little out of the ordinary together, without all the Hallmark/over-priced roses/ugly teddy bears/hype. A visit to a new-to-us museum and burgers at a local brew pub followed by a DVD on the couch did the trick.

Michelleigh February 16, 2009 at 5:23 PM  

These things are fabulous! I made them for our Super Bowl Party and now everyone wants me to make them again. I topped mine with a chocolate ganche - which was over the top sweet. I want to reach into your picture and eat one! :) Yum!

Unknown February 16, 2009 at 6:30 PM  

Those have my mouth watering!! We did a non-commercialized V-Day too. I gave the hubs a clean house! ;)

Laura February 16, 2009 at 9:16 PM  

those brownies look heavenly. i'll definitely have to jot down that mix as my next baking project...after baking gals of course.

Anonymous,  February 16, 2009 at 9:44 PM  

I saw those brownies on Bakerella a few weeks ago! I totally added them to my list of things to make. They look delish!

Becky February 17, 2009 at 11:25 AM  

I saw this on another blog...except they put chocolate ganauche (sp?)on top. It looked amazing!

Tricia February 18, 2009 at 3:45 PM  

So much for my diet! These look incredible!! Good thing I'm going grocery shopping tonight. We also did the low key Valentine's day. It was much nicer that way :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP