Super Bowl XLIII

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Everyone at our party was rooting for the Cardinals, except my sister-in-law, Cristina, who decided to go against the grain. I think we all just wanted to see the underdog win, especially since the Cardinals had never won it. Oh well. At least it was a good game (except for that third quarter, and the first half of the fourth, which were pretty damn boring).

We had good food, good drinks, and good company. Can't complain about that.

Here is the whole group, ready for the 3D part of the halftime show:

Obviously, another reason to look forward to the Super Bowl is for the commercials. Overall, however, I didn't think the ads were all that great this year.

I think the group favorite was the Doritos spot with the "crystal ball." We also all got a big kick out of the CareerBuilder commercial with all the signs that you hate your job. (Especially the sign that said "You want to punch small animals." Hilarious.)

Oh! I did also enjoy the Cash4gold.com commercial, but only because I "got it" right away. MC Hammer and Ed McMahon selling off all of their gold belongings? Coming from two celebrities who publicly had to file for bankrupcy, it was funny. HA!

Which ones were your favorites?

A few more pics to end the night... we're heading to bed!

2 comments:

Gia February 1, 2009 at 11:14 PM  

I laughed my butt off at the crystal ball commercial!

Elyzabeth February 2, 2009 at 1:53 AM  

LOL. I love the Doritos commercial. I think that was the only commercial that really stood out this year.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP