24 Hours

Friday, June 12, 2009

24 hours from now, we'll be on a plane, officially starting our vacation!

This week has been pretty crazy. I've just had a lot of stuff going on, in addition to preparing for our trip. I can't even believe we're leaving tomorrow. It seems like we've been talking about this for so long, and it's finally here!

What's funny is that this morning, I realized that I was actually in Seattle this same weekend three years ago. I was out there for work the second weekend of June in 2006. Weird. Also, that just so happens to be the trip during which I had the worst traveling experience of my entire life. I've written about it before... you can check out the story here. Let's just hope that doesn't happen again, eh? Really, though, that situation was like a perfect storm of events and conditions... I don't think I could recreate that stress if I tried.

We also made a pit-stop in Seattle both on the way to and on the way back from our honeymoon in Hawaii. But aside from those lovely visits to Sea-Tac Airport, I haven't been back since that trip in 2006. I'm looking forward to it.

We haven't really planned too much in advance, but on Monday, we're going up to British Columbia to spend the day in Victoria. At some point, we may try to see my uncle (my dad's brother) that I literally have not seen since I was a baby. I don't even really know him, so it's kind of a weird situation for me, but maybe we can meet up for a drink or dinner or something. We'll see.

Then, on Thursday, we'll head to San Francisco!

Today, I spent the afternoon shopping with Kara and baby Hunter. I realized last weekend that a lot of my t-shirts are starting to look a little ratty, so I wanted to get some new ones (along with some other odds and ends) before vacation.

I was thinking earlier... it's a good thing we go on vacation every once in a while. Otherwise, I'm not sure when I'd be motivated to go shopping for new clothes. You may recall that I hate shopping. I honestly think that the last time I bought clothes was before our trip to Vegas in February. So, um, yeah... 4 months ago! Whoops!

I'm going to try to blog during our vacation like I did in Hawaii, but we'll see how it goes. I'm sure you'll at least get some random posts from my BlackBerry!

Until then... adios, amigos!

3 comments:

Linda June 12, 2009 at 7:45 PM  

It's going to be a beautiful weekend here in Seattle. Have a great time.

Michelle MGD June 12, 2009 at 10:14 PM  

Have fun in San Francisco! The weather here in NorCal has been weird (it was raining in Sacramento tonight) so make sure to bring some warm sweaters. I know you are going to love it here!!!

Anonymous,  June 15, 2009 at 4:37 PM  

I can't believe it has been almost a year since your wedding. I remember checking your blog a few times the day of and seeing your post right before you went into the church. Crazy how fast time goes by. I hope you have a great anniversary trip!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP