And I'm back! FINALLY!

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

OK, so that whole "blog through our vacation" thing didn't work out so well this time. Really, it was for a number of reasons:

1) Our internet access was somewhat limited. We had a few connectivity problems in Seattle, and then in San Francisco, the hotel wanted to charge us $12.95/day for internet access. And that sooo wasn't going to happen.

2) We were sooo busy. We really worked ourselves quite hard this vacation. Lots of places to go, things to see, etc. so when we were back at the house or hotel, I spent my time relaxing instead of blogging.

3) We forgot our camera cord, so we weren't even able to transfer photos. Whoops.

4) Quite frankly, I was lazy about it. I guess it was kind of nice to take a break from it in a lot of ways. Now, however, I'm sort of regretting it. SO MUCH TO CATCH UP ON!!

I ask you to bear with me this week, as I'm going to attempt to go back and recap our vacation day by day. You'll (hopefully) see lots of back-dated posts from me over the next few days. So, if you read through a reader of some sort, the posts should pop up for you as normal. But if you read right here on my blog, you'll want to scroll down past this post for the next few days to see my vacation updates. I'm going to do my best to get caught up as soon as possible, but my dad gets into town for a visit tomorrow, so I'm not sure how much time I'm going to have. We'll see how it goes!

To give you a very short overview, we had a wonderful time, but we found that it was more of a "go-go-go" vacation instead of a truly relaxing one. Of course, we enjoyed not having to cook, or clean, or do any of the daily grind things--so in a lot of ways, it WAS relaxing--but I'll admit that the last couple of days in San Francisco? Completely exhausting. We sort of hit a wall.

We took the red-eye home this morning, and needless to say, we didn't get a lot of sleep. Today, we are zombies. We're hoping this helps us avoid any kind of West-to-East-Coast jetlag, because it's back to work tomorrow.

Anyway, did ya miss me?! ;)

6 comments:

Michelle MGD June 23, 2009 at 9:20 PM  

Welcome home! I can't wait to see your S.F. adventures. I think they have a policy where they charge for everything there. I love the place but they rob you blind!

Cheerful Homemaker June 24, 2009 at 1:00 AM  

Welcome home! I cannot wait to see all of the great photos I know you took!

Vanessa June 24, 2009 at 3:08 AM  

We definitely missed you! Welcome home! :)

Michelleigh June 24, 2009 at 7:59 AM  

Welcome home! I hope the red eye helps you get back on normal schedule as well. I took a red eye flying home from Alaska (after being there for two weeks). I snapped right back into east coast time - it was great!

I can't wait to read all about your adventure!

Elizabeth June 24, 2009 at 9:16 AM  

We took our annual summer vacation trip to Manhattan this year. My husband and I have always wanted to go, and I did so much research and really over-worked myself before we even left. Then when we got there, it was very "go, go, go!" the whole time, and we were so exhausted! Definitely not a relaxing vacation, but it was still awesome. I don't know why I kidded myself and expected to relax for my first trip to Manhattan...

Glad to hear you had a great time and can't wait to see all the recaps!

carrie,  June 24, 2009 at 9:06 PM  

I missed your anniversary picture post! :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP