Newborn Photos

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

As I mentioned the other day, I've really been working on my photography lately.

Hunter's arrival has given me the perfect reason to try to improve my skills. First was my coverage of his birth, which was all candid shots. But even before he was born, I was already preparing myself for his newborn session! Because let's face it, there is really nothing cuter than those snuggly, curled-up, sleeping newborn photos, is there?

I don't think so.

I'm pretty proud of these, so I wanted to share some of them here. For some reason, after uploading, some of the colors (especially his skintones) look a little wonky (at least on my computer), so please excuse any weird color issues you may be seeing. Sometimes I really hate the web!

Isn't he beautiful? Trevor and Kara have much to be proud of.

He loves sleeping with his little hands up by his face.

He was so good; he slept the entire time. I manipulated him into a bunch of different poses, too. He's a trooper. Every once in a while, if I was really bugging him, he'd stir a bit, but we would just give him his binky for a minute while I got him set up, then pop it back out again. Worked like a charm.

Probably my favorite shot of the day.
At the very end, he started waking up. I took the opportunity to get a few quick shots of him with his eyes open. He is such a sweetheart. I love him to pieces.
Big thanks to Kara and Trevor for letting me "experiment" with a newborn session, and for giving me such a perfect model! :)

16 comments:

Justine June 4, 2009 at 12:13 AM  

These pictures are so wonderful!! He is so precious! I think he looks older than just a few days!! :)

Michelle MGD June 4, 2009 at 12:25 AM  

The picture in the little bucket thing is adorable! Nice pictures. I bet your brother and Kara are thrilled.

Sara June 4, 2009 at 12:50 AM  

wonderful pictures...you have some talent girl!

Katie June 4, 2009 at 1:21 AM  

Wow...the pictures came out GREAT!!

Gaynor {Our Day by Design} June 4, 2009 at 4:55 AM  

The pictures are lovely, bet mum & dad are so pleased with them!

Laura June 4, 2009 at 7:19 AM  

what an adorable baby! great photos, heather!

Elise June 4, 2009 at 8:03 AM  

These photos are beautiful! I love the ones in the bucket.

Elizabeth June 4, 2009 at 8:43 AM  

All of them are fantastic, but I also think the bucket ones are too adorable.

You should definitely pursue the photography!

Colleen June 4, 2009 at 10:06 AM  

Heather, these are great shots!! My nephew had been my dedicated subject from day 1 too! :)

Becky June 4, 2009 at 10:26 AM  

You did such a great job!!!

Katie June 4, 2009 at 11:21 AM  

OMG, Heather! These photos are beautiful! I definitely see a career in photography in your future! Definitely!!

Nani June 4, 2009 at 12:02 PM  

wow! take my baby pics!
Great work :)

Vanessa June 4, 2009 at 1:05 PM  

Beautiful! You've done so well - your photopgraphy skills are fanatastic! You should definitely put some tips on your blog!

Kelly,  June 4, 2009 at 9:53 PM  

Pretty much the most beautiful baby in the world! I love the pictures!

Dana June 5, 2009 at 3:36 PM  

Those are really good.

Lindsay June 5, 2009 at 7:51 PM  

Fantastic pictures! I wanted to see what camera you shoot with? I am in the market for a new one but have been driving my self in circles trying to chose.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP