M&M Pretzel Treats

Friday, April 16, 2010

Eighteen weeks into pregnancy, I don't so much believe in "cravings" as I do in seeing or hearing about something and just, well, not being able to get it out of your head. I haven't really had overwhelming urges to have something right now, but if I get an idea for something that sounds good, I have to make it or buy it soon.

Hmmm. Doesn't really sound like much of a difference now, does it?

Um, OK, yeah... so maybe I do believe in cravings.

My sister-in-law sometimes makes these during the Christmas season, so when I saw these M&M pretzel treats on Beantown Baker and my taste buds' memory was jogged, it was the end of the story. I had to buy the ingredients and make them. (Perhaps I should stay away from food blogs?)

Pretzels + chocolate + M&Ms = dynamite. See?


The version I'm accustomed to is a bit different than Jen's. Simply, it's less melted chocolate and fewer M&Ms. This chocolate-to-pretzel ratio is perfect for me, but the route you choose to go depends solely on your taste. Check out Jen's version if you think you'd like more chocolate.

These are super simple to throw together and are sure to be a hit at any party or get-together. They're also awesome to have on hand to have a few for dessert or a snack, but I warn you... they won't be on hand for long. They are addicting and hard to resist!

M&M Pretzel Treats

Ingredients:
You'll need plain M&Ms, mini pretzels, and candy melts (I use the milk chocolate and white chocolate varieties that are sold in bulk at my grocery store). The amount of ingredients depends on how many of these puppies you want to make.

Directions:
Spread out a sheet of wax paper on the counter or table. Spread pretzels on the wax paper so that they lie flat. Melt candy melts according to package directions. Pour melted chocolate into squeeze bottles. (If you don't have squeeze bottles, you can use a spoon to drizzle chocolate onto pretzels.) Squeeze a dime-sized glob of chocolate on the middle of the pretzel. Press a plain M&M down into the chocolate. Allow finished treats to set (15-20 minutes or so), then store in an air-tight container.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous,  April 18, 2010 at 9:24 PM  

we make these but use a hershey's hug instead of candy melts.... pop them in the oven until they get soft, take them out, and press the m&m on top... let cool and they are finished!

Jessica April 19, 2010 at 10:34 AM  

I read this post yesterday and then today I open up my HG email today and see that in May 2010 they will be releasing Pretzel M&Ms. I thought I'd share for incase you ever get the craving again. I also tried a variation of this at Christmas time. It was a pretzel with a softened rolo on top. Pretzel + chocolate + caramel = DELICIOUS!

Jen April 20, 2010 at 8:27 PM  

Yours look great too. I could see that ratio working really well. You'd get more of the saltiness from the pretzels...

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP