87

Friday, April 2, 2010

That was our high temperature today. On April 2. With the same expected for tomorrow.

We slept with the windows open last night, so I woke up to fresh air and birds chirping and sunshine coming through the blinds. I honestly can't think of a better way to begin a Friday.

When I dressed for work, I chose a skirt and a sleeveless top. I had to paint my toes (that haven't been painted all winter). I slipped on flip-flops and walked out of the house without a jacket. There is nothing I love more than not having to wear real shoes or a coat. Ahhhh. Freedom.

Sporting sunglasses, I opened my sunroof and rolled down my window, enjoying every second of my five-minute commute.

During the lunch hour, Michael and I took a two-mile walk, and there was no doubt about it: it was actually HOT out. Whoa.

When I returned to my desk, it was only a few minutes until I received a mass e-mail from one of the big bosses, telling us all that the company would be closing two hours early (at 3:00). It was already 2:00. I was granted an early start to a fabulous weekend.

Yes. This day? Pretty close to perfection.

2 comments:

Gia April 3, 2010 at 7:49 PM  

I totally agree with you. Sleeping with the windows open is the best. Our temp dropped a little today, but it was still nice enough to have the windows open!

Noey April 3, 2010 at 8:12 PM  

That's fantastic! I'm jealous, I live in Oregon and it's been 30 something at night, and windy and rainy during the days. This is our weather until mid or late May, with a few sunny nice days thrown in here and there to tease us.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP