First Word

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Ladies and gentleman...

We have a first word.

Nora has been babbling for a while now. "Ba-ba-ba-ba." "Da-da-da-da." But she has never made the connection between one particular object or person and a word... until now.

Her first word is...

TESSA.
(That's right. The dog.)


In hindsight, it kind of makes sense, because Tessa is kinda... mischievous. Which means that she kinda-sorta gets, um, "corrected" a lot. Which involves a lot of hissing, "TESSA!" around here. So if there is one word that Nora hears a lot, it is "Tessa."

In some ways, this has been a wake up call for me. Because, well, this means Nora is listening to us. Like, really listening.

So.

Do they have a 12-step program to help someone give up cursing like a sailor?

8 comments:

basebell6 July 11, 2011 at 10:10 PM  

awwhh, congrats nora! looove the end of the video where you just hear her say it and then the giggles from her parents. ;)

still waiting on our first word around here. :(

Mrs. Lopez July 11, 2011 at 10:14 PM  

Yay for her first word!!!!!!!!! Hopefully she'll say momma or dadda soon!

Erin July 11, 2011 at 10:14 PM  

Wow, that is awesome! She's going to be a big talker, with a word already that early!

Thankfully Annie hasn't repeated any swear words just yet, and we really aren't watching our mouths either but I know the day is coming, and probably soon since she's a big time mimicker right now. Yikes...

Ashley July 12, 2011 at 12:25 PM  

I love that she giggles after she said it the first time!

I'm pretty sure my son's first word was "go-go"! Not mama, not dada...gogogogogogogogogo

nikinikinine July 12, 2011 at 1:27 PM  

I'm dying laughing. I mean falling over dying laughing. Tessa. /dead.

And if you figure out how to curb your truck driver habits, let me know. I'm pretty sure my kids' first word will be shit. Sigh.

Tricia July 12, 2011 at 2:48 PM  

Priceless! I can't wait to hear what's next on her list.

We're expecting our first in October and this mommy has a bit of a potty mouth too.

kylee July 12, 2011 at 7:51 PM  

I legit laughed when I saw her first word was your dog's name. That will probably happen to us. Either that or "fuck". That is awesome.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP