Surfacing

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Well now. Look what finally decided to show up.


What, you don't see anything? Take another look...
How about now? Still not convinced? Alright, here's another...

You mean you STILL can't see it? Really? C'mon... how about now?
Alright, so I'll admit, there's not much to see yet. But that little arrow right there is pointing to the tip of a tooth that officially broke through the surface today. I can feel its sharp little ridges and see them if I get the right angle (hard to get her to let me look at them these days!).

This is one of those baby book things that I'm not sure how to handle. Like, for Nora's first word, we weren't 100% sure when to count her official first word. That is, until she started clearly belting out "Tessa" every five seconds. For the first tooth, do I count when it just breaks through the surface (today)? Or do I count when it is fully visible? THESE ARE THE THINGS THAT DRIVE A TYPE-A MOTHER INSANE. I need it to be accurate as possible, people. I think today counts?

If that's the case... First Tooth: July 19, 2011 at 10 months and 8 days old. It's about dang time. :)

And for the record--looking at those photos above, I don't think tooth #2 will be far behind!

11 comments:

Kimberley July 19, 2011 at 8:55 PM  

i would definitely count today as the day!!! what to go nora!

basebell6 July 19, 2011 at 10:42 PM  

i would count today too!! ours was at 10.5 months too!!

Giana July 20, 2011 at 1:20 AM  

count today! the second tooth is also coming out. yey!

Mala,  July 20, 2011 at 9:56 AM  

I love the second picture. She's so beautiful

Megan July 20, 2011 at 10:50 AM  

She is so pretty! J didn't get teeth until late too (I can't even remember when, how bad am I?) But, once she started, holy cow. She has like 10 now.

Phase Three Of Life July 20, 2011 at 6:38 PM  

So cute! Ryan finally got his bottom two teeth, as well. And now that they came in, the ped has told us he's got a bunch of others that are about to come in, fast and furious. Evidently, he's going to get a full set all at once.

Floreen July 21, 2011 at 6:27 AM  

Can't wait to see what badass diamond grill you get for ol' chomper!

- Floreen xx

nikinikinine July 21, 2011 at 9:57 AM  

yay for cutting teeth! That was quick! (I mean from the time you thought they were coming up to now, not the whole first tooth thing.) Go Nora!

Ry is working on his top two and they are a bear. I'm not loving this.

Nikki,  July 21, 2011 at 2:42 PM  

That's when I wrote it down in the baby book...as soon as it broke through the gum and I could feel it. Once they start, they don't stop!

Sara July 22, 2011 at 9:19 PM  

Hey there Heather, just recently came across your blog and really enjoy it. It gives me that good chuckle I look for everyday. Would totally count that as a tooth. And might I add, she has the most beautiful long eye lashes I have ever seen!

Gia July 25, 2011 at 11:13 PM  

This is so funny because Logan's first tooth finally broke through and on Saturday I realized I could JUST BARELY see it and feel the ridges. Yay for teeth!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP