Happy Thanksgiving

Thursday, November 27, 2008

It's hard to believe that the holiday season is officially upon us. I hope everyone had a very Happy Thanksgiving. We had a lot to be thankful for this year.

First off, because it is most recent--we are thankful for Tessa's negative biopsy results. Her lymph nodes are still swollen, and we are already a week into the new antibiotics (which she'll be on for a total of one month). It's still a little bit worrisome, and it's a complete mystery at this point. We're going to continue with the antibiotics, and we're also going to switch her food. We've been feeding her Iams, but my mom has a friend who is sort of a "Dog Whisperer" and he recommended that we switch her to something of better quality to promote better overall health. We're praying that the lymph nodes return to normal soon. But regardless, we are thankful that it is not cancer.

We are obviously also thankful for the health of family and friends. We're thankful that we have such wonderful family and friends whom we love and enjoy spending time with. We're thankful for each other, for our marriage, for the beautiful wedding and honeymoon we had this year.

We're thankful for our home, even though it may be smaller than we would like sometimes. We dream of something bigger, but know enough to appreciate the fact that we have one at all. It is comfortable, it is warm, and we can afford it. We know that not everyone can say that.

We are thankful for our jobs. Again, we may complain about them sometimes, we may sometimes feel as if we're not compensated enough, but we are still grateful for the paychecks that come biweekly. In these economic times, we don't know for sure that we'll have that from week to week--so for now, and for as long as it lasts (hopefully forever!), we are thankful.

I am also thankful for the little things in life. Comfy pajamas, fuzzy socks, HDTV (haha!), good food, Christmas decorations, wine, Tessa snuggles, a full gas tank, sunny days, a short commute.

I hope that you are as equally thankful. Even if times aren't good, there are always things to be thankful for.

Anyway.... We started off the holiday with two hours at the gym. They run a special event with two hours of aerobics and access to the otherwise closed cardio and weight equipment if you donate non-perishable food for a local shelter. My aerobics instructor kicked our asses, then I spent a little bit of time on the elliptical while Michael hit the weight room.

After that, we relaxed around home for a bit, then went to Michael's parents' house for a bit to visit. We're having our real "Thanksgiving" with them on Saturday when Michael's sister and some of their other family come to visit, so today our focus was spending time with my family.

We stopped by home to pick up Tessa, then went to my mom's house. We got there around 3:30 p.m. to hang out and help with the remaining preparations. People started arriving around 4:30-5:00 p.m., and it was a whirlwind from there. Dinner, dessert... lots of eating. :) Overall, it was a great Thanksgiving.

With that, I leave you with some photos from the day:

Do you like Tessa's Thanksgiving sweater? It's a turtleneck, and it is too damn cute.

About to taste test my "famous" (self-proclaimed) mashed potatoes.

My mom's boyfriend carving the turkey.

Marie and I, preparing the rolls for the table.

My brothers and me.

Kara and Marie

Michael and me

Happy Thanksgiving!!

1 comments:

Lesley Rae November 30, 2008 at 6:30 PM  

hey - glad you had a good thanksgiving! So I wanted to chime in about Tessa's dog food - I'm a bit of a freak about it myself, I only feed my babies all natural stuff. They have a pretty good selection at Pets Plus near the wegmans plaza...they have multiple protein source, single protien source (in case of allergies) and they are completely all natural and use human grade meats versus the other brands that use god knows what from the protein source. Innova is good, California Natural is good, Canidae is good too. It's a little more expensive, but worth it, less gas (thank god!), better, shiney coats, better breath, less poops etc. I buy a 20lb bag for $27.99 or so (only lasts me 3 weeks though!) Good luck! I'm sure you'll find something that works for you guys.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP