Yeah. What he said.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Most times, I think Keith Olbermann is a whack job. My husband likes him and watches him pretty regularly, and I always tell him that being a Democrat and watching Keith Olbermann is like being a Republican and watching Bill O'Reilly.

Not very objective.

And as much as I love to listen to people with whom I agree, I find that most of the time, I prefer to get my news from other channels. I mean, come on. I love me some Bill Maher and Jon Stewart, but that's not where I get my news.

But this? With this, Olbermann has won me over.

I could go on and on about my feelings about Prop 8 in California, and the issue of gay marriage throughout the United States, but today, I'm just going to go with: Yeah. What he said.

Because he's right on. And it gives me goosebumps.

9 comments:

ktmac32 November 13, 2008 at 10:41 AM  

Thanks for posting this. I live in FL and banning gay marriage was just voted into the state constitution. It makes me sad. I'm afraid that one day our children and grandchildren will look back at this and wonder how out generation could be so discriminatory even after the civil rights movement.

Unknown November 13, 2008 at 11:49 AM  

Wow, it was well said! Weird, it brought tears to my eyes.

Brianne Chase November 13, 2008 at 11:52 AM  

I have followed your blog since Road To The Aisle days and have never been so moved by a post of yours. I recently moved to California from Michigan with my fiance and I was deeply saddened by the outcome of Prop 8. I am so glad you posted this clip and hope that others can open their eyes and their hearts and allow themselves to truly see and understand the depth of LOVE.

Sarah November 13, 2008 at 1:12 PM  

I don't live in the US and I don't know who that guy is, but... Wow. That was awesome.

Sara November 13, 2008 at 2:24 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara November 13, 2008 at 2:25 PM  

I too recently moved to CA from RI and since I wasn't registered here yet I couldn't vote for the California Props. I followed prop 8 all morning on November 4th and was really saddened when it passed. Isn't this supposed to be a tolerant state? I don't understand why people care about this so much. If they love each other then no one should be able to take that away, they are no some second class citizen. It's just disgusting.

tab890 November 13, 2008 at 5:16 PM  

thank you for posting that. It gave me chills to hear him.

Anonymous,  November 13, 2008 at 9:30 PM  

Wow. I couldn't agree more. I live in California and voted no on Prop 8 and was very disappointed when it passed. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous,  November 14, 2008 at 8:06 AM  

Long-time reader, first-time poster...:)

I didn't even LIKE Keith O...in fact, I thought he was one of the most irritating personalities on TV.

I watched this a few weeks ago, and wow. I don't know if I'll be a huge Keith O. fan after this, but I sure as heck like him a lot more after this statement. Like you pointed out, there's not a lot that needs to be said, other than, 'what he said.'

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP