Mother's Guilt

Monday, November 10, 2008

I had to put "the cone" on her before leaving the house this morning. Unfortunately, she can't be trusted to leave her incision/stitches alone while unattended.

First, I had to bribe her with a homemade peanut butter treat to distract her while I wrestled her to the ground and somehow managed to attach the torture device to her neck. Once released, she proceeded to jump and roll all around, trying to get it off of herself.

She looked pitiful.

And then, of course, I took pictures. (Dog mama of the year, I tell ya.)

I then offered her another treat to get into her crate, and she bumped into the crate doorway and had trouble getting in. (She did get it eventually. She'd become a rocket scientist if it means she gets a treat.)

She then proceeded to whine and cry as I was leaving and I felt like an asshole.

I'm going home for lunch so she'll get a short reprieve, only to have to put it back on for another four hours this afternoon. Poor pup.

1 comments:

Vanessa November 11, 2008 at 7:51 AM  

Awww, could Tess be any cuter?

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP