Transformed

Thursday, April 16, 2009

If you visit my site to read posts instead of using an RSS feed, I'm sure you've noticed the brand new look. Some of you may have visited during the transformation today, and things may have looked a little wacky. Everything should be looking pretty good now.

I've worked hard the last several days to get this new design up and running, and I hope you like it. As you can see, it's quite different than it used to be. Out with the old, and in with the new!

If you do read via an RSS feed, you might see a few "new" posts pop up in the next few days that aren't really intended to be actual posts. Instead, they serve as content for my links on the navigation bar under the header. Take a look up there if you're interested. So far, I only have four links there, but I will be adding more within the next day or so, including a cool new recipe index that I hope you'll find useful.

Since I've worked so hard on all of this, feedback is certainly appreciated! I'm still reworking a few things, so if you have any constructive criticism, please send that along.

Enjoy the new Heather Drive!

15 comments:

Amanda April 16, 2009 at 6:59 PM  

I like the new design, very "Springy."

Heather April 16, 2009 at 7:05 PM  

I love it! I've been getting into web design the past couple years, (hobbyist, nothing major yet) and I think it looks really good.

I've left my blog pretty blank unti I can find something I think I'd stick to...

Michelle MGD April 16, 2009 at 7:21 PM  

The cupcakes in your header make me hungry. :)

Anonymous,  April 16, 2009 at 7:29 PM  

Looks great! I love the new real life sky and street sign!

Linda April 16, 2009 at 7:29 PM  

Love the blue. Very bright and cheerful!

Teresa April 16, 2009 at 8:15 PM  

Heather I love your new look! It's really pretty, and very fitting to what you blog about.

Cheerful Homemaker April 16, 2009 at 8:47 PM  

Wow, this looks great! How did you do this?

Anonymous,  April 16, 2009 at 9:57 PM  

looks great little lady! Also, I'm sort of curious. What is with the google ads? I know it's something to make money, but mind sharing the details?

Lynsey Kaye April 17, 2009 at 12:36 AM  

It looks great. Your hard work paid off.

Unknown April 17, 2009 at 9:14 AM  

Loving the new design and the blog(s) in general. Started reading a few weeks ago when I found Road to the Aisle in a google search for "bridesmaid hoops" - never did work out quite why you came up for that specifically :)

Juls April 17, 2009 at 9:26 AM  

I love the new layout, it looks amazing!!

Julie

Anonymous,  April 17, 2009 at 9:58 AM  

Love the new layout. It's crisp and clean!

Mrs. Boom April 17, 2009 at 10:12 AM  

Love the new layout. I follow your blog through Google Reader so, I normally don't see your design but, had to click over today. My only wish? That you would have included a pic of some of your amazingly beautiful sugar cookies in the header! They deserve to be viewed often.

Heather April 17, 2009 at 10:40 AM  

Thanks, everybody! I appreciate everyone's comments.

Anonymous--Yes, thanks for pointing out the real-life sky and street sign! I forgot to mention in my post that I took that picture, and that yes, it IS actually a real street sign.

Etta--I found a template on ourbloggertemplates.com to use as a foundation, and then I did a whole lot of tweaking in HTML and in Blogger to customize it. The header I designed in photoshop.

Krystie--Check out Google Adsense. You should be able to find all of the details there.

Lara--I guess maybe you found me because I probably blogged about my hoop skirt at some point or another? And I, of course, blogged about bridesmaids. Funny how Google works sometimes! :)

Jen--Thanks for the comment on my sugar cookies. I'm glad you like them. I did think about putting a photo of some of them in my header, but most of the ones I have done so far are seasonal (Halloween, Christmas, Easter), or really specific to a theme (football, bugs, etc.), so I didn't think they fit in well. Maybe something to consider for the future, though! :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP