Barking Birthday

Saturday, February 13, 2010

We celebrated a very special birthday in our house yesterday. With a very special birthday treat.


Doesn't it look... delicious?

It's a gingersnap with a huge dollop of peanut butter, topped with a frosted mini wheat and pink sprinkles. In other words, it's Tessa's dream come true.

Tessa turned 4 yesterday, and as is tradition, I scrounged up a scrumptious birthday treat using ingredients already in our cupboards. To see her past birthday treats, see last year's birthday post. :)

She absolutely loved her birthday "cake" and we're very happy to have had her around for another year! It might start to be a challenge to fit all of her candles on her treat. To solve that problem, the treat may just have to keep getting bigger. (I'm sure Tess won't complain about that!)

Funny little story about the candles. She knows they're for her. Michael's birthday was earlier this week, and I picked up a little birthday treat for us to share. I stuck a candle in it to sing to him and Tess was going NUTS! She was jumping on me as if I were preparing her a steak. And same thing last night as I was preparing her treat. She left me alone while I did everything, but as soon as she saw the candles and the lighter come out, she was on me like white on rice. Crazy, crazy girl.

Happy 4th Birthday to our "little girl." :)

3 comments:

Heather,  February 15, 2010 at 6:18 PM  

That's so adorable! The same happens with our 2 kitties and ANY CAN WE OPEN. For special occasions, they get tuna... and we rarely open canned anything, but when we do (like around Thanksgiving and larger meals), they both think it's tuna and come rushing in! Our little one can still jump on the counters (not so for the much older and fatter one!), so she'll jump right in your face if she thinks she'll get some tuna out of it! So funny!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TESS!!!

bethany February 16, 2010 at 10:47 AM  

That picture is hilarious!

Anonymous,  February 17, 2010 at 7:49 PM  

Your little dog is so adorable! I love that she gets her own birthday cake. Happy Birthday Tess!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP