Project Planning

Saturday, February 20, 2010

We recently decided it's time to stop procrastinating on some of our home improvement projects and get 'er done. For our first project, we're planning to tackle tiling our bathroom floor.

F-U-N. Especially since it's our only bathroom and it's going to be in shambles (and toilet-less. That's right, NO TOILET.) I'm scared. Hold me.

Still, we want to do it and we'll make it work somehow. Today, we went to a "clinic" at Home Depot to learn more about tiling. I had a general idea of how to do it based on all of my HGTV watching, but it was good to have an actual lesson. I took a lot of notes.

Afterward, we spent some time browsing the aisles of Home Depot to price all of the materials we'll need for the project. And I have to say, although everyone keeps saying that tiling is not difficult and it'll be a breeze, it's certainly a lot more involved than I originally thought. I definitely had a few moments of "what are we thinking?" but I think that it'll be worth it when it's all said and done.

Now, we just have to set a date for the project. Which should be... interesting. If you don't hear from me about the tiling project by the end of April, kick me in the ass, will ya?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP