SNOW DAY

Friday, February 26, 2010

Yesterday, there were rumors going around at work that maybe, possibly, we'd close today due to the incoming snow storm. This very rarely happens, so I was kind of taking the attitude, I'll believe it when I see it. I just didn't want to be disappointed.

I typically don't get up until around 7:30 a.m., but I woke up at 6:00 this morning. Instead of rolling over and going back to sleep until the alarm, I couldn't help but take a peek to see if my company was closed. Sure enough--CLOSED. I got to experience that glorious feeling of waking up, thinking you have to go to work, only to realize that you get to stay home, sleep in, and stay in your pajamas all day. It just doesn't get much better than that.

Here is a photo Michael took at around 6:00, after he shoveled a path for poor little Tess.


It was already pretty deep, and it continued to snow ALL DAY. Plus, it was windy and there were problems with blowing snow. Needless to say, the roads were pretty terrible so I was thankful that I was able to stay home. Unfortunately, Michael was not as lucky and had to head out eventually. Our street didn't get plowed until around noon, so his car kept getting stuck when he was trying to leave. Eventually, our neighbor happened to come out and helped him by literally PUSHING his car down the road as Michael accelerated. Lovely.

This afternoon, I snapped these photos when I took Tessa outside:

Poor Tessa never knows what to think when the snow is taller than she is.

Bushes? What bushes?

I stayed inside most of the day. Marie came over in the afternoon and we watched The Time Traveler's Wife. For a movie based on a book, it wasn't too bad. They were limited with what they could do in the timeframe for a movie, so there were a lot of things cut out, but they didn't completely destroy the story. I still love, love, LOVE the book, though.

Tonight, we ventured out and met my whole family for dinner. It was good to get out of the house for a bit. Looking around, everything is so beautiful covered in snow. But I can't help but think--it's going to take FOREVER for this to all go away now.

How many more weeks until spring?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP