Five Rings

Friday, February 12, 2010

It's that time again, folks.

Time for me to get all caught up in the tremendous life stories of athletes, watch sports I normally don't give a crap about, and root for people I've never heard of before. It's time to stay up way too late every night, cry at the sound of "The Star Spangled Banner" as it's played for someone standing atop a podium with a medal around his or her neck, and feel myself fill with pride for the good ol' U.S.A.

My favorite sports to watch are skiing (all events), snowboarding, speed skating, and figure skating. Even the bobsled and luge events are cool. Although I do prefer the summer Olympics, I always enjoy the winter ones as well. I've been growing more and more excited every time I turn on the Today Show in the morning and see them broadcasting from Vancouver. And tonight, it's finally here!

I'm still in quite the funk about winter (will we EVER get out of 20-degree temperatures again?), but the Olympics should hopefully help a bit. Go U.S.A.!

1 comments:

Kylee Wall February 12, 2010 at 10:36 PM  

Agree with everything in your post. One of the few times I truly feel pride for my country. Also, it seems to really bridge the gap between crappy winter and the beginning of spring.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP