Mad About Mario

Thursday, February 25, 2010

For Christmas, we bought ourselves a Wii. We also got three games to go with it--Mario Kart, Mario Galaxy, and Wii Sports Resort. (If you recall, I played Wii Sports Resort so much at Christmastime that I managed to injure myself. Yep, that's me.)

Anyway, we had heard about a new Super Mario Brothers game that had been released for the Wii, which is supposedly a remake of the original Mario games from way back in the days of Nintendo. We knew we would likely buy it eventually, but we weren't in a rush for it.

Fast-forward to February and I decide to buy the game for Michael for his birthday. Neither of us are big gamers, but we enjoy the occasional video game. I thought Mario would be pretty cool, but anticipated that my husband would enjoy it far more than I ever would.

Um, wrong.I am practically addicted to this game! I have played way more than Michael has. It is so fun, and I am totally taken back to the days of sitting in front of a small TV and trying to save Princess Peach. The other day, I had to take a day off from my nightly hour or so of playing because my thumbs were too sore. MY THUMBS WERE TOO SORE, people. *sigh*

Oh, and have I ever told you that I have the ability to curse like a sailor? Well, if you didn't know before, you certainly would if you watched me play Super Mario Brothers Wii. You really don't want to know how many times the word "fuck" comes out of my mouth when I play. (I wonder what I used to say to express my frustration when I was only 7. It had to have been more socially appropriate, but surely it couldn't have been as effective as "fuck," right?) When I repeatedly screw up or am having trouble passing a level, I get so mad it is ridiculous. Remind me not to play video games with our future children.

Frequent playing, sore thumbs, excessive cursing--in other words, it's a hell of a good game.

12 comments:

Julia February 25, 2010 at 3:41 PM  

Love this game! My friends and I like to play the "Coin Battle." You should have heard all of us yelling obscenities!

Lesley Rae February 25, 2010 at 3:58 PM  

OMG we love this game too! We got it for Christmas from Steve's parents....omigah we are addicted! Steve's up to world 7 - insane! Good luck and have fun! :) It's a lot of fun with more people too - we had all 4 going at one point. A little confusing and people "killing" each other, but fun nonetheless!

Gia February 25, 2010 at 5:31 PM  

BEST.GAME.EVER. My husband beat it in a day and a half. MUCH more difficult to play when you have more than one player, though.

Hockey Sticks and Nail Polish February 25, 2010 at 6:33 PM  

Yesss!! There is something about this game! Maybe because it's so much like the game from our childhood, who knows. But I love it too!!

Kylee Wall February 25, 2010 at 7:29 PM  

HAHAHA. I've been loving that game as well. Playing 2 simultaneous 2 player is so frustrating. It's been causing marital strife :)

Tania February 25, 2010 at 8:18 PM  

While I haven't given in to buying a Wii yet, I did yoink my old Super Nintendo from my mom's house and my husband and I have spent hours playing it. We have beaten the game multiple times, but we have been known to scream "fuck" when we die.

J T February 25, 2010 at 8:22 PM  

I love that game. My husband rented it from GameFly for me about 4 months ago. I won't let him return it. I also suffered the thumb injuries and had to take a break.

Jen February 25, 2010 at 10:55 PM  

The hubby and I are soooo addicted to this game, it's ridiculous. He totally kicks my butt though, because he played Mario relentlessly as a kid, and my parents wouldn't let me have video games, so I only got to play at friend's houses! Oh, and don't feel bad, I always cuss terribly when playing Super Mario :)

Renee February 26, 2010 at 10:34 AM  

We can't finish the game b/c the stupid cat chewed the cord in half to our sensor bar. GR.

.. but yes it's very fun and addicting :) You would think my marriage is unstable the way we yell at each other when we play and then we turn it off and go back to life like we haven't been yelling at each other for the past hour.

Crystal February 26, 2010 at 11:21 AM  

I actually think I like this game better than the original one. I too have suffered from sore thumbs...great gamme! Good luck! We're finally on level 4!

Sara February 26, 2010 at 2:31 PM  

bought it for my husband for christmas and I love playing it with him, the game is so awesome/incredibly frustrating!!!!

caren February 27, 2010 at 7:45 AM  

my husband and i also play this allll the time. i was obsessed with this game as a child and my husband was not. its fun for me b/c he's the gamer of the two of us but now we have a game that i'm actually better at. it does get a little crazy when two or more people are playing together but so fun. best wii game i've ever played!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP