Birth Announcement

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Before Nora was born, I had all these grand plans about how I'd do these elaborate photo sessions with my baby, and have so many cute "pro" pics to choose from without the cost associated with professional photographers. I imagined we'd quickly have photos framed all over the house, and maybe even a canvas. I thought I'd get birth announcements out right away, and I'd come up with a special, unique design for them.

Well, we did the newborn photo shoot, but you know what? I've had time to edit exactly ONE of the photos from it. And that's only because I had to force myself to do it just so we'd get her birth announcements out prior to our Christmas cards! We'll see how the future "milestone" photo sessions go (next one would be three months), but if I keep going with this trend, we might actually have to *gasp* hire someone eventually. I honestly don't know how mom photogs do it.

Anyway, for those who may be curious, here is the birth announcement we sent out for Nora. I cannot take credit for designing the template, because damn, I just did not have time for that. But the photo is mine, and as I mentioned, it's the only newborn photo I have to show you (at least thus far).

What is it they say about the shoemakers' kids? ;)

9 comments:

Unknown October 22, 2010 at 1:55 PM  

Gorgeous! We're going to do a combined birth/holiday announcement/card since the peanut is due Thanksgiving. Although, my husband and I doubt she'll make it that long! To get ahead of the game I've already pre-made the labels to print out! haha My friend is going to take our maternity and newborn shots for $50 each. I figure it's a small price to pay to keep my sanity ;-) Can't wait to see your holiday card if you plan on sharing! Have a great weekend, momma!

Amy October 22, 2010 at 3:18 PM  

love it! Great template too. I would love to have your photography and editing skills. I just plopped Elle down on a blanket and took a picture. Then sent it to my etsy seller and was done! Her picture is so cute!

Kristen,  October 23, 2010 at 12:30 PM  

too cute! I'm looking for a birth announcement also, can you share where you got this template?

Vanessa October 23, 2010 at 4:05 PM  

Gorgeous announcement for a gorgeous baby girl!

Anonymous,  October 23, 2010 at 6:03 PM  

Hey Heather! I know how those photos go when you don't "have time"! haha We did a photo every month on his date. Check out http://www.etsy.com/shop/pickysticky?ga_search_query=pickysticky&ga_search_type=seller_usernames. They are just stickers that go on a white onsie to indicate each monthly birthday! Enjoy!

Wishing on stars October 26, 2010 at 5:27 PM  

That is so adorable. You did a great job.

Baby Announcement Cards April 15, 2011 at 3:52 PM  

That is a very well put together card, thumbs up! :-)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP