Calling All Baking Gals

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Does everybody know what time it is?

Tool Time!

Once again, it's time for all of you enthusiastic bakers to whip up some treats in support of our troops overseas! It's Operation Baking Gals, Round 13!

I don't know about you, but I love to bake... and then quickly get the goodies out of the house. The results are always too good to keep around because I'd eat them all, and then my pants wouldn't fit. And that makes for an unhappy Heather.

So! Instead of pawning treats off on my family, friends, and coworkers, I'd always like to take the opportunity to do something a bit more meaningful. What better way to get rid of some delicious baked goods than to send them overseas to our most deserving soldiers? They're undoubtedly missing home, and we can send them little bits of home-baked goodness.

This round, I've teamed up with Jen from Beantown Baker. We're co-leading a team together, so we should hopefully have a record number of participants! It's made even more special by the fact that we are baking for one of Jen's friends from high school.

Our soldier's name is Jonathan, and judging from his list of favorite baked goods (which seems to include everything but the kitchen sink), he's my kind of guy. As a bonus, Jonathan has essentially challenged us to take the craziest recipes we've come across and send them. You see, he's a foodie and loves trying new things. So if you're feeling a little adventurous, this is the round for you!

Jonathan doesn't get to come home until July 2010, so I think he's going to appreciate the care packages. And his fellow soldiers will reap the benefits as well! Shipping dates for this round are October 1 through October 12. Hmmm... perhaps some autumnal or Halloween-themed treats are in order? ;)

So get on over to www.bakinggals.com and register to participate with Team Heather Drive/Beantown Baker!

If you don't bake, there are plenty of other store-bought items that you can send if you would still like to participate. Check out the Baking Gals website (FAQ section) for more details.

Questions? Feel free to leave them in the comments. Or you can e-mail me at roadtotheaisle@gmail.com. Participating? Tell us! And thank you!

If you have no idea what Operation Baking Gals is, and would like to find out, check out my Operation Baking Gals label to see past posts about this project. I hope you'll consider joining us!

6 comments:

Cheerful Homemaker September 22, 2009 at 9:24 PM  

I've really been thinking about taking part in this. I think this month I'm going to start by sending my BIL a care package. He's in the military and is at training for six months!

kylee September 22, 2009 at 9:47 PM  

I've been wanting to join in but this spring and summer have been too crazy. But now everything has settled and I've been baking and experimenting tons, so I'm totally joining this time!

Anonymous,  September 22, 2009 at 10:43 PM  

I joined earlier this morning when Beantown Baker posted about it. :) I'm so excited about participating in this!

Renee September 23, 2009 at 12:25 PM  

I've always participated so I just joined up!

Would it help for us to create posts on our own blogs about joining in?

Anne September 27, 2009 at 6:35 PM  

all signed up!

I'm super pumped to do something to help out our soldiers--they do so much for us :)

Nicole October 1, 2009 at 10:52 AM  

Thanks for organizing again - finally I am able to sign up!! I'm looking forward to baking some goodies and sending them overseas.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP