Operation Baking Gals - Holiday Edition

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

We're coming up on the one-year anniversary of my participation with Operation Baking Gals!

Last Christmastime, I joined a Baking Gals team and sent a package to a soldier who was spending the holidays away from home. This season, I'll be hosting a team, as I have done numerous times throughout the past year.

For Round 15, Jen from Beantown Baker and I are teaming up to bake for a husband and wife pair who are deployed, but unfortunately not together! They are both in Iraq, but with different units. Team Beantown Baker will be baking for Rebecca, while Team Heather Drive will bake for Brian. The two were married last Valentine's Day. For more about them, please see the team pages on www.bakinggals.com.
Team registration is now open. Baking Gals has changed their system, so you'll have to re-register with the site, even if you've been registered in the past. Once you're signed up, you can go in and join a team to bake with. There are new rules--only 20 people per team, so it's possible Team Heather Drive will fill up pretty quickly. So don't procrastinate if you want to participate! If we do fill up, sign up for Team Beantown Baker instead. And if they fill up, please consider baking for any team--obviously all of these men and women are very deserving of your time.

Don't know what Operation Baking Gals is? Check out my past posts about the project. You can also find more information on the Baking Gals website.

The shipping dates for Round 15 are December 1-16, so the packages will arrive in time for the holidays.

So! Enough talk. If you'd like to join us:
1) Go to http://www.bakinggals.com/ and Log In or Create a New Account
2) Go to Join a Round 15 Team
3) Join Team Heather Drive (or Team Beantown Baker, or any other team!)
4) Wait for an email with the shipping address (I will send it out after Thanksgiving weekend)

If you have any questions, check out the Operation Baking Gals FAQ page.

For shipping, please note: You can get a special flat rate box from the post office. The boxes are FREE and you can ship the box with anything in it for a reduced flat rate of $11.95. If you can't find the ones designated for APO/FPO addresses (they say "America Supports You!" on them), you can use the regular large flat rate box. Either one works!

Questions? Feel free to leave them in the comments. Or you can e-mail me at roadtotheaisle@gmail.com. Participating? Tell us! And thank you!

1 comments:

Jess November 30, 2009 at 9:32 AM  

This is my first time participating in Operation Baking Gals, and I'm very excited!

I also just wanted to say thanks for all of your blogging. I originally found your wedding blog, and it's been very helpful in helping me plan my own wedding right now. In fact, you've inspired me to start up my own wedding blog!

So, thanks for everything and keep up the great work with your blog! I love reading it!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP