More Family, More Food

Monday, November 30, 2009

On Saturday, we got together with a big group of my in-laws to celebrate Thanksgiving. It was yet another huge day of eating (I'm lucky I can still fit into my pants), and it was great to have an excuse to see everyone. My sister-in-law was home from college last week (first for the funeral, then for the break), so that was awesome, too.

Some pics:

Little man Lolo decided to mark Thanksgiving by starting to crawl. We got to see him in action. I'm sure by the time we see him again at Christmas, he will have perfected the moves and he'll be ALL OVER THE PLACE. :)
I kept distracting him with my camera flash. He was fascinated.
Brendan was a little jealous of all the attention being paid to his baby brother's crawling, so he was more than happy when I turned the lens on him.
At this age, everything within reach goes into his mouth.
Mmmm... food. And there's Aunt Heather with the camera again...
Practicing in case we ever have twins. (I KID, I KID. Though the gene does run in my family! *gulp*)
I love that Brendan loves Poppy. It is adorable to watch.
Ladies!
Logan spent most of the afternoon being very serious, but he started cracking some nice smiles toward the end!

And with that, Thanksgiving was officially over. Bring on Christmas!

3 comments:

Mands @ Rhody Life December 1, 2009 at 11:05 PM  

Great pictures! I'm jealous of how good they come out. You're camera must be awesome.

Just to let you know, idnetical twins are not genetic, they are spontaneous. Because identicals are when the single egg splits into two, there is no way that genetics can cause this. It's fraternal twins that are genetic, because that is when two eggs are released. Oh, and twins can only be passed down on the mother's side of the family since it is egg related.

So, in other words, I think you're safe!

Vanessa December 2, 2009 at 4:33 AM  

Wow, Logan has got so big! He looks like a real little boy now rather than a baby. They grow up so fast!

Heather December 2, 2009 at 10:24 AM  

Mands--Oh, believe me. I know allll about twins. Way more than any one person should know. :) The problem here is that you are assuming my brothers are identical!

But we don't actually know whether my twin brothers are identical or fraternal. Many would certainly say that they look identical, but as it turns out, they had separate amniotic sacs and placentas. Some would say that alone makes them undoubtedly fraternal. However, come to find out, it is much more complicated than that!

It is actually possible for identical twins to have separate sacs and placentas, depending on the stage at which the egg decides to split. But it is also possible for fraternal twins to look strikingly similar and be mistaken as identical.

Sooo... barring a DNA test (which they have never had done), we will never know whether my brothers are identical or fraternal. Obviously, if they are identical, I have nothing to worry about in the way of the "twin gene." But if they are fraternal... :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP