Put me in, Coach!

Sunday, November 1, 2009

I'm generally not a big fan of Halloween. Mostly because I hate the pressure to come up with a costume idea. But we were invited to my brother's place for a party, and I didn't want to be the person who shows up without a costume.

On Friday afternoon, as I sat at work, an idea came to me and I decided to run with it.

I have a Trent Edwards jersey, and I figured I could put it to good use by going as Trent Edwards. But that alone would be sort of boring. So, considering Edwards is currently out because of a concussion he suffered a few weeks back, I decided to go as Trent Edwards... with a concussion. :)

And my husband? He went as Buffalo Bills Head Coach Dick Jauron!
Even Tessa got in on the Bills action (she wore her Bills scarf), and came to the party with us...
I used some stars garland that I found in the Christmas section (because yes, don't you know it's never too early for Christmas?) at Target, fashioned it into a couple of rings, rigged it to a headband, and wore it on my head to simulate Trent's current state of "seeing stars." And then I added an ace bandage around the head for extra effect. To my delight, Tyler, Marie, and their roommates all "got it" immediately upon seeing me. :)
My eyes only look funny because I was being blinded by the flash in a dark room. (It couldn't be because I had consumed a bit of wine. Nope. No sirree.)
Put me in, Coach!

I hope you all enjoyed your Halloween as much as we enjoyed ours! Any good costume ideas I can tuck away for NEXT year?? :)

6 comments:

Angie November 2, 2009 at 9:04 AM  

My husband and I went as Dexter and a detective (essentially I was Deb - makes sense if you watch Dexter). Some of our friends went as: Billy Ray & Miley Cyrus, a Golf Pro & Tennis Star, a group of 4 went as all the Ninja Turtles, Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie... We also thought about going as Zack Morris & Kelly Kapowski or Roger and Jessica Rabbit.

Jen November 2, 2009 at 9:05 AM  

What a cute family photo :) Your costume came out great Heather!

Mrs. D November 2, 2009 at 9:08 AM  

What a cute idea! Your family looks adorable.

As for potential ideas... A friend of mine went last year as mustard. Her boyfriend went as ketchup. And their dog was a hot dog.

Michelle MGD November 2, 2009 at 10:52 AM  

Great costume!!! While we were unpacking our house I decided that since it was Halloween, I should look somewhat costumey so I put on a Golden State Warriors basketball jersey and called it a day!

Shauna November 2, 2009 at 1:30 PM  

That is hilarious. I just might steal that next year!

Anonymous,  November 4, 2009 at 7:55 PM  

Kanye and taylor Swift!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP