Recent Read: Girls' Night In

Friday, January 22, 2010

I'm pretty behind on reviewing books! I read this one back in November. Whoops.

Perhaps part of the reason I neglected this write-up for so long is that I didn't find this book particularly inspiring. To be fair, I wasn't expecting much. It'd been a while since I'd read any "chick lit" and I figured this would be a fast, easy, and probably fun read.

Girls' Night In is a collection of short stories written by a variety of chick lit authors, such as Sophie Kinsella, Meg Cabot, Jennifer Weiner, and more. Some of the stories are engaging and entertaining, and some--well, aren't. I flew through the first 2/3 of this book, but had a hard time finishing it. By the end, I found myself skipping some of the stories after reading only a page or two into them.

The other problem was that I found the short story format to be limiting for these types of tales. I couldn't get into the characters because there just wasn't enough time to do so.

Honestly, I'm not much of a chick lit kind of girl, so this just wasn't my thing. Still, I like to read the light and easy stuff every once in a while, so I gave this a fair chance. And while parts of it were fun, I certainly wouldn't file this under my "favorites" any time soon (or ever).

1 comments:

Anonymous,  January 24, 2010 at 8:06 PM  

You must read The Help! It is amazing! You won't be able to put it down!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP