Done

Sunday, January 10, 2010

The day after Thanksgiving brings CHRISTMAS.

Lights and trees and carols and all things Christmas. And as I know I've made you aware, I love every minute of it. Aside from summer, Christmastime is my favorite time of the year.

But there comes a time when I am done with it. Completely done. D-O-N-E.

I want the tree to come down.
I want the lights to be turned off.
I want the knick-knacks put away.
I want the gifts to be organized.

In other words, I WANT MY HOUSE BACK.

I have so hit that wall. The problem is that all of our Christmas boxes and containers are in our garage storage space, and it has been too damn cold to even consider spending the 5-10 minutes necessary to dig it all out. Sooo, here I sit, staring at our still-standing Christmas tree.

And it's killing me.

Today, I at least started by taking down all of the lights from around the windows, unwrapped the garland from the railings, and took down the stockings. But next weekend... nothing can save the tree. It's gone, baby. Gone.

Until next year...

3 comments:

Cheerful Homemaker January 11, 2010 at 8:19 PM  

Don't feel bad, there's still garland on our front porch. Today was the first time it was over 10F outside.

Megan January 12, 2010 at 10:37 AM  

I hear ya. We finally got everything down (well I did two weekends ago) but then it was just sitting in boxes taking up more of my living room than if I had left it up. I had to wait until my husband was around to lug it all up to the attic. Now that that's done, I guess I have no excuse and should really get out the vacuum and clean. It really is so much more fun to set it all up!!

Clint & Alicia McLaws January 12, 2010 at 4:28 PM  

I'm impressed its still standing. We yanked ours on the first. and that was pushing it, LOL. I do love this time of the year, but like you, I was just done. I'm excited to de-clutter, re-paint and redecorate. :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP