Ketchup Day

Sunday, January 24, 2010

It's Ketchup Day: January 2010 Edition. Enjoy!
______________________________________________________

Life has been busy and keeping us on our toes. Blogging has been difficult this month, but I'm trying to keep my head above water. I'm happy that January is almost over, because February is a short month (even though it always feels long), and once March hits, it's almost spring.

Every year that I live through winter, I hate it more and more. Don't get me wrong; I like having four seasons. It's just that I wish winter only lasted through Christmas. Really, I'm starting to believe I'm not meant for the cold. I dream of picking up everyone we know and love, and moving (all together!) to a warmer climate. Wouldn't that be nice?

As much as I'm bitching about the cold, we really had a nice weekend. Yesterday was sunny and relatively warm, so we took Tessa for a really long walk. Today wasn't as nice (it rained), but the temperatures were in the 40s so it is hard to complain. Although I always appreciate the warm days that are a reprieve, I'm always a little bit bitter about them because I know they're just a tease. This week, we're back into the 20s and snow, snow, snow. BLAH BLAH BLAH.
______________________________________________________

Remember the heart-wrenching story about little Maddie? Her mommy, Heather, had a new baby on Friday. I couldn't be happier for an internet stranger. The child she lost cannot, of course, ever be replaced, but I feel like love is so tremendously healing, and that darling little Annabel is the best thing that could have happened for her parents.

Ironically, someone else had a baby this weekend, too. Jenny, who I've written about before because her blog was the first I ever saw and read, welcomed her third daughter on Saturday. Like Heather, Jenny lost her first daughter much too soon. Allie died of leukemia in 2004 at just 9 months of age. Today, her second daughter, Maggie, is 4 years old, and the family is now complete with the addition of little Katie.

Happiness all around!
______________________________________________________

A few of you have asked (in the comments of other posts) about our upcoming vacation plans. Well, the truth is that we don't have any. Yet. But we're working on it.

We have several ideas, but we have quite a few balls up in the air right now and we need to get everything straightened out before we start making decisions about any vacations. We're hoping that our next trip will happen around the end of April, but we'll see. I'll be sure to keep you all posted about where we're going next! :)

I think that by the time our next one rolls around, this will have been the longest stretch we've gone between vacations since before we were married... so I'm sure I'm going to be really ready!
______________________________________________________

I've made quite a bit of progress on my 101 in 1001 list lately! I went in on Friday and crossed off and updated a bunch of things. Woohoo! Check it out, if you want.
______________________________________________________

We've been watching football all day. Earlier, we went to Champps for the Jets vs. Colts game. I didn't really know who to root for, as I hate Peyton Manning, and I couldn't in good conscience root for the Jets (they are division rivals for the Bills). By the end, however, I realized that I would have preferred the Jets. I think. I guess I'll never really know. But I found myself scowling when I realized that Peyton and the Colts would be going to the Super Bowl again!

The second game, Vikings vs. Saints, is still going on now, and it's a pretty interesting game so far. I'd really like to see the Saints pull this one out! I like Drew Brees, and let's face it--I've made no secret of how I feel about Brett Favre. We'll see what happens. No matter the outcome, we'll be gathering a small group at our house for the Super Bowl again this year. I always look forward to that!
______________________________________________________

And with that, another weekend comes to a close. I am not looking forward to going back to work this week. It seems like the work weeks are continuously getting longer, while the weekends are getting shorter. *sigh*

8 comments:

Molly January 25, 2010 at 12:29 AM  

I could have written your second paragraph word for word. I hate winter more every year (I'm from Minnesota; go figure). I have no use for snow after Christmas and especially despise driving in it. This time of year always drags and depresses me a bit, and I wonder what it'd be like to live somewhere warm!

Cheryl January 25, 2010 at 9:29 AM  

I'm learning to like VA now after moving away from the incessant snows of Central PA, but I understand you wanting to move all your family and friends with you. Stick through it, it's almost warm! :) I'm just glad I don't have to hear comparisons between Peyton and Brett Favre all week...

Becky January 25, 2010 at 1:34 PM  

I hear you about winter. I am SO done! We are heading south next week and cannot wait!

Unknown January 25, 2010 at 2:03 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah January 25, 2010 at 2:04 PM  

I'm in the middle of my first 'real' winter. Having grown up in the tropics, where we don't really *do* winter, I'm loving all the snow we've had here in the UK. However, having no heating, and having not had it nor hot water for weeks, I'm totally over it for the moment. Bring on the heat!

Janna,  January 25, 2010 at 7:45 PM  

Just curious.. why do you hate Peyton Manning? I've heard great things about him. lol

kylee January 25, 2010 at 10:41 PM  

That's so funny you hate Peyton Manning. I live in Indianapolis and he's the big hero here all day, every day. I was kind of hoping the Colts would lose so everyone would shut UP about football, but ah well. I'm sure the city will be in the same overly great mood they were in 3 years ago with this Superbowl nonsense.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP