Jacked Up

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My shoulder: It's jacked.

You know why?

Nintendo Wii.

That's right; the lovely Christmas gift that Santa brought us is now causing me great pain. I blame the fiery fencing matches while playing Wii Sports Resort with my husband. And maybe some of the ping pong, too. Or the basketball three-point shootout. Not really sure, actually.

I just know it hurts. I can't easily raise my arm above my head, or reach back to grab my seatbelt in the car.

Hopefully my muscles and joints adapt to this new level of video game play. I don't want to have to go to the doctor and say, "I hurt myself playing the Wii." Because that would just be pathetic.

8 comments:

Amanda December 30, 2009 at 5:31 PM  

I got a Wii for Christmas as well! So you were not the only one to not have one yet. Anyway, when they first came out, there were incidences of "Wii Tennis elbow" appearing at doctor's offices.
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN0616721120070606

Robin December 30, 2009 at 5:59 PM  

My husband bruised a rib last year playing Madden football with my brother... no joke! That thing should come with a warning!

Unknown December 30, 2009 at 6:52 PM  

Try to put a heating pad on your shoulder for 15 minutes. The heat will losen up the muscle and work out any "issues" that might in there...

Becky December 30, 2009 at 9:55 PM  

I had the same problem with my back when we first started playing Wii Sports. It was because of the many boxing matches!

Wishing on stars December 31, 2009 at 2:04 AM  

wow! You'll have to start warming up now lol

I have to ask...how on earth do you keep up with blogging so much? I'm lucky if I find the motivation to get on a few times a week. Even though I want to be on more. Good job :-)

Noey December 31, 2009 at 4:29 AM  

Biofreeze is a really good product for muscle pain. If that fails, a chiropractic appointment is never a horrible thing...

caren December 31, 2009 at 7:22 AM  

I once spent the entire night Wii boxing and was regretting it the next day big time!! Its truly a work out! I also know someone who tore her ACL playing Dance Dance Revolution...needed surgery and everything!! HA. Be careful and have fun :)

Anonymous,  December 31, 2009 at 6:37 PM  

ya know, I hear that docs have seen a lot more "wii elbow" kinda like "tennis elbow" but wii specific. ;) Be careful!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP