Recurring Dream: The Wedding Version

Thursday, March 12, 2009

I'm going to go out on a limb here with this conclusion... Apparently, I'm stressed out.

Last night, I essentially had the exact same dream as the night before. Only this time, it wasn't a class I had forgotten. It was my wedding.

In this dream, I was hanging out at my mom's house with my bridesmaids, just relaxing all day long. At around 4:00 p.m., my mom came into wherever we were sitting, and said, "Heather, Henry [hairdresser] is here to do your hair." This suddenly makes it real, so I basically start jumping up and down a bit, all excited, and I say to my girls, "Oh my god, I'm getting MARRIED!" But it is in the middle of getting my hair done when I realize the problem.

My ceremony was supposed to be at 2:00 p.m.

My mom, my bridesmaids, my husband and I all managed to forget what time the ceremony was supposed to happen. I start freaking out, and at about this same time, my mom gets a phone call from my grandma asking what had happened, because all of the guests had been at the church earlier that afternoon, but there was no wedding.

I begin to realize that we'll be able to make our reception, but we're not going to be MARRIED. Which is sort of, you know, THE WHOLE POINT OF THE DAY. So in my dream, I start crying and I'm all upset because I can't believe after all of the planning, I'm not going to get married. My mom calls the church and talks to Carol [our church coordinator in real life] and she says that unfortunately, there is not a priest available, so there's no way we can squeeze in the ceremony before the reception.

And so I run the gamut of emotions about whether we should even be going to the reception. I'm upset that even if we do go to the reception, we're not really celebrating anything. I'm in disbelief that my anniversary won't "really" be on June 21, since we're going to have to reschedule our ceremony. I panic and start to think that our friends and family aren't going to see us get married. And I just cry and cry and cry.

Lovely, right? It's weird, because I am about 99% positive I have not had a "wedding dream" since before the wedding. And back then, the reasons behind those dreams were pretty obvious. It was clear I had the wedding on my mind a LOT, so why wouldn't I also dream about it?

Now, however, it's the same deal as the college dream I posted about last night. Sometime this morning, I woke myself up from my dream, panicked for a split second, and then realized... Wait, I'm already married. My wedding? Perfect. And once again, tremendous relief.

Two nights in a row of being tortured by stressful dreams. What the hell is going on?

I'm guessing I need to relax. De-stress. Get a massage. Eat Ben & Jerry's. Take a vacation. Meditate. Something.

HELP.

3 comments:

Anonymous,  March 12, 2009 at 12:12 PM  

It seems to me, that with every dream, (college, wedding) a large significant change was about to happen in your life, maybe your dreams are trying to prepare you for another significant change in your life?????? Baby maybe? New Job???????


Or maybe you just need some darn sunshine! lol.... :)

Anonymous,  March 12, 2009 at 3:30 PM  

I still have a few wedding dreams when I get stressed out. I agree though- you just need to relax. You're stressed over something that is a big part of your life.

Vanessa March 12, 2009 at 7:47 PM  

I recently had a dream that I had to retake a high school history exam! It is so far behind in my conscience that I can't imagine why! The mind is a strange strange thing! Ben and Jerry's is a good remedy I think :o).

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP