$85... SOLD!!

Thursday, March 5, 2009

When we left for Vegas, we had not yet figured out the accommodations situation for San Francisco in June. When we got back, I received an e-mail from the owner of the condo we had been interested in, telling me that someone else wanted to make a deposit on the dates that we had selected.

Needless to say, we lost that condo. Since we had been a bit indecisive about everything, we weren't really disappointed.

However, it quickly became clear that I'd have to look at hotels more closely, because I felt I had pretty much exhausted my condo search and hadn't come up with anything we liked as much as the one we lost.

Enter Priceline. Yesterday, I started my bidding.

$80 on 4-star hotels in Union Square: REJECTED.
$80 on 3.5-star hotels in Union Square: REJECTED AGAIN.

Instead of lowering our standards on the stars rating, we decided to wait it out 24 hours to bid again. This morning, I bid again. I decided to bump up the bid to $85 instead of crawling up dollar by dollar.

$85 on 4-star hotels in Union Square: ACCEPTED!! *ding ding ding* WINNER!

We owe a sincere thanks to William Shatner. Because he is, after all, the PRICELINE NEGOTIATOR. :)

The hotel that accepted our bid is The Stanford Court, A Renaissance Hotel. It's a Marriott property. Not bad. Not bad at all.

We are extremely happy with the price we're paying (so cheap!) and the hotel we ended up with. And it's so nice to finally know that we have a place to stay once we get to San Francisco.

I have to get back on Priceline in the next couple of weeks... gotta score a deal on a rental car for Seattle. I am so loving Priceline right now!

[1 year ago: Pampering]

3 comments:

Michelle MGD March 5, 2009 at 9:07 PM  

That is a pretty hotel. You guys are going to have a great time in San Francisco. I love living close enough to go there all the time!

Anonymous,  March 6, 2009 at 3:21 AM  

sweeet deal. I've never used that option on priceline before! maybe I'll try it for our honeymoon reservations! Enjoy SF! I think you made a great choice staying in Union Square.

Becky March 6, 2009 at 10:20 AM  

I bid on Priceline for the first time a few weeks ago for a rental car...I LOVE IT!! We scored a week long for $240 when the regular rates were over $700!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP