Saturday, March 14, 2009

This morning, I woke up and headed over to my brother's new apartment to help him and Kara paint the baby's nursery.

They decided they wanted to paint the walls with two shades of green, with a darker shade on bottom, and a lighter shade on top. We started off by taping everything off, beginning with the ceiling and molding. Then Trevor and I went around the room with the level and taped off a line about 4 feet up from the floor to serve as the dividing line between the light and dark shades.

We painted the top the light color first. You can actually see Kara's pregnant belly in this picture, haha. I guess my little nephew wants to be in pictures ALREADY! :)

We quickly moved on to the bottom half and painted the dark color. We took a short break to eat some lunch, then returned to put a second coat on each color. With the three of us painting, it only took us about 4 hours total to do all of the preparation and actual painting. When we were done, we peeled the painting tape off before the paint had a chance to cement it to the wall.

This is what it looked like when I left:

Oddly enough, Trevor kind of liked the way the painter's tape had created a white stripe, so they weren't sure if they were going to bother filling it in. The original plan was to wait until the paint dried, tape it off again (above the stripe), and then fill in the white space with the dark green paint, so the two shades go right up against each other. So we'll see what they decide to do.

I think the two shades look really cute, though. I can't wait to see the room come together after the baby showers.

After painting, I went home and showered. At 5:00, Michael and I met up with our friends Theresa and Greg to go out to dinner. And of course, little Rowan accompanied all of us, too. Before we went out, we relaxed and had a few drinks at their house.

In the meantime, I took the chance to snap some new photos of Rowan. Theresa got down on the floor and was letting him play with their dog, and it was hilarious--he was completely cracking up, and the dog wasn't even doing anything. I just wanted to share one of my favorite pics:

We went to dinner at a local place that is known for having really good pizzas and burgers. I had been looking forward to a good burger ALL WEEK, so the meal really hit the spot in satisfying my ongoing craving.

We got back to Theresa and Greg's house between 8:30 and 9:00, said goodbye pretty quickly, then went over to my other brother's place for a little St. Patrick's Day get-together. (Busy day!) We didn't even up staying very long because we are pretty tired.

The weather was great today--sunny and warmer than it has been lately. It was nice to be out and about in it. It feels like it's finally transitioning to spring!


Lis March 15, 2009 at 9:43 PM  

What a beautiful nursery!! And I love the white line, I think it looks great!

And Rowan is so adorable!! Great pictures!!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by 2009

Back to TOP