Soldier(s) Needed

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Round 7 of Operation Baking Gals will begin in just a little more than a week. I would be happy to lead a team again, but I am in need of at least one soldier!

Does anyone out there have anybody overseas right now that we could bake for?

If so, please e-mail me as soon as possible at roadtotheaisle@gmail.com. You must have (or be able to get quickly) a current military address for the soldier so that we can make sure the packages will get to him or her.

Also, if you are submitting someone, please provide a short bio about your soldier. Their name, relationship to you, what branch of the military, how long have they been over there, family information (Married? Kids?), etc. Really anything that you feel like sharing about this person so that we can get to know him/her. Oh! If they have a favorite type of baked good, let us know that, too, so we can ensure that they get at least SOME of that thing. :)

As for all of those who baked last time, thank you again, and I hope you'll consider joining Team Heather Drive for Round 7. I will post sign up information as soon as I have it.

Stay tuned!

4 comments:

Anna March 19, 2009 at 4:04 PM  

I think this is an amazing thing you gals are doing for soldiers overseas. I've never done this before but is definitely something I want to get involved in. My husband is in the Navy who is fortunately home with an injured knee and cannot deploy.

Anonymous,  March 19, 2009 at 6:30 PM  

Hi Heather!

I have a question for you about the Baking Gals. I will have my own team or this round (but I'm still baking for yours too!) and was wondering what "posting an article" means. Is this where we introduce our soldier, and a little bit about the team?

TIA!

Anonymous,  March 20, 2009 at 6:03 AM  

I don't have time right now, but when I get into work I will send you my nomination.
Jacki

Becky March 20, 2009 at 10:18 AM  

I left something for you in my blog!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP