Happy Heat Wave (I mean, Birthday)

Sunday, August 16, 2009

I officially turned 27 today. My grandfather (whom I share a birthday with) is 80.

Every year, I call my granddad to wish him a happy birthday, but he always beats me because as soon as he hears my voice, he says "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Too funny. I've always thought that sharing a birthday with him is special, and I'm so grateful for it. I love that we have that special bond. Even though I might not see him as much or be as close to him as my other cousins, no one can ever take the shared birthday away from us.

Last year, we had an absolutely gorgeous weather day for my birthday, so we spent much of the day outside. This year, it was nearly 90 degrees and entirely too hot to do much of anything outside. Oh well.

We started off the morning with a trip to the gym (I WENT TO THE GYM on my birthday. Aren't you proud?!). We relaxed at home for a bit, then went to an early dinner at a local restaurant, where we had to eat inside. They have a beautiful patio that I normally love to eat on, but it was just too hot. We then stopped by to see Hunter (he is getting SO BIG!), then went for my birthday dessert.

I didn't want no stinkin' cake. Frozen custard is where it's at.

IMG00005 by you.

(We had to eat this inside, too! It was melting entirely too fast for me to actually enjoy it when we were outside!)

Happy Birthday to me! :) And thanks to my wonderful husband for a wonderful day!

6 comments:

Anonymous,  August 17, 2009 at 12:10 AM  

Happy Birthday girl!!

Laura August 17, 2009 at 7:30 AM  

Happy Birthday, Heather!

Amy August 17, 2009 at 9:20 AM  

Happy Birthday, Heather! I am a new reader and like you even more now that I realized we are birthday twins- I turned 31 yesterday! Funny that you share your b-day w/ your grandfather. I share my b-day w. my older brother who turned 33. Sounds like you had a great day.

Cheerful Homemaker August 17, 2009 at 11:01 AM  

I was born 2 days before my grandpa's birthday. Every year I go home sometime around my birthday and he and grandma come over for dinner and cake/ice cream. :)

Vanessa August 17, 2009 at 4:29 PM  

Happy birthday Heather! You look beautiful! x

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP