Rockin' the Camera

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Yesterday, I did a photo shoot with my baby nephew. We have plans to do a "formal" session every three months in his first year. (Obviously, I take snapshots of him way more often than that!) Can you believe he's three months old already?

I was really excited (as were his parents!) to get him in front of my camera lens again. Things didn't go as well as I had hoped--the weather threw serious wrenches in my lighting situations, and made some of my set ups difficult. Also, being cute is hard work, so Hunter had to stop to eat and nap a couple of times. ;) But the little man was a trooper and did well with everything I put him through. In the end, I think we got a nice variety of photos, and many, many cute captures.

I feel like I'm really starting to get into a groove with this photography thing. It hasn't come easily, that's for certain. I can't even count the number of hours I've dedicated to this hobby. And I still have a long way to go. It can be daunting at times, but I'm chugging along.

OK, enough talk. It's time to go crazy over his chunky cheeks and his big blue eyes. Shall we?

IMG_0839blog by you.
IMG_0821blog by you.
IMG_0817blog by you.
IMG_0861blog by you.
IMG_1008blog by you.
IMG_1025blog by you.
IMG_1079blogc by you.
IMG_1092blog by you.
IMG_1161blog by you.
I love this next one so much, I have to show you both the color AND black & white versions:
IMG_1122blog by you.
IMG_1122blogbw by you.
IMG_1181blog by you.
I'm already looking forward to his six month photos in November! :)

8 comments:

Elizabeth August 31, 2009 at 4:46 PM  

These are so fabulous! I have been reading your blog(s) for a long time now, and you have seriously come a long way with your photography.

I'm trying to better my skills too, but I don't have a lot of equipment yet, nor do I have these adorable baby subjects!

Keep it up! And of course, keep sharing!

Michelle MGD August 31, 2009 at 4:51 PM  

Wow, he is an adorable little boy. Great job with the photos, auntie!

Anonymous,  August 31, 2009 at 6:41 PM  

I LOVE him in his cute overalls. And seriously, 3 months? where did the time go?

Anonymous,  August 31, 2009 at 10:33 PM  

Wonderful Heather! Fantastic job. I envy you not only the subject, but the talent as well. :o} I am sure 'Mom and Dad' loved them. Cal

Gaynor {Our Day by Design} September 1, 2009 at 4:21 AM  

Oh he is so cute, your photos are lovely! Bet you are loving being an auntie too. I have 8 days till my sister is due and cant wait already!!!

Vanessa September 1, 2009 at 7:55 AM  

Wow, your photography has come along leaps and bounds! How did you do it - did you follow a book? You are amazing!

Deanna,  September 1, 2009 at 1:05 PM  

those are fantastic! You have a real knack! Keep chugging away! :)

Amanda December 27, 2009 at 5:46 PM  

Awesome photos. Do you have a studio you are using to get the simple black backgrounds and that gorgeous blue the baby is crawling on? Or is that a photoshop technique? Please share!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP