Dust

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I suppose it is fitting, given it is December 1.

We woke up to our first traces of snow this morning. A dusting, if you will.

I suppose I should feel grateful that it is so late in the season, and until now, I hadn't yet seen a single snowflake. And I guess it looks pretty. I can appreciate that.

But man, oh man... where did summer go? It is unbelievable how time flies. I know we just had Thanksgiving, but it's December? Whaaat? Really?

How?

In the land of four seasons, we have fall to prepare us for winter, but still, I have trouble coming to terms with the fact that it's time for winter coats, gloves, boots, and snow shovels. Bitter winds, icy sidewalks, salty roads. Leafless trees, lifeless grass, gray skies.

The few hours of precious daylight afforded to us are spent inside offices, artificially lit by fluorescent lights. Perhaps what is most daunting is knowing that now that snow and cold are here, they are here to stay... all the way through March.
But it is pretty.

I can appreciate that.

5 comments:

Shauna December 1, 2009 at 4:52 PM  

I had to wear gloves and a scarf today. Boo.

MB December 2, 2009 at 7:59 AM  

I like the pictures you post of the snow. I like snow - but only for a day or two (which is about all we get here in the south).

Bundle up! :)

Mrs. D December 2, 2009 at 9:42 AM  

Looks so pretty! I wish we had snow - just a short-lived flurry the other day.

But I'm with you about December. How did it get here SO fast?!

Dana December 2, 2009 at 1:39 PM  

Snow is pretty. We had a little dusting the day after Thanksgiving, but it has melted since then, You are right it just seems like I was just talking about wearing flipflops and I had to pull out a wool coat today. Snow is only good for one thing.....Christmas.

Sarah December 2, 2009 at 3:03 PM  

No really, get onto FedEx and get me some! I don't understand how it's colder here than where you are by a few degrees, but I have no snow and you have lots :(

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP