Rest & Relaxation

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

What a way to kick off my holiday break!

Tonight, I experienced another first. Thankfully, this one was much more pleasant than yesterday's first.

I got my first massage! It was everything I dreamed it would be.

To make the deal even sweeter: My mom treated me. Thanks, Mom! Oh, and bonus: I got to cross off another item on my 101 in 1001 list. Woohoo!

And now that I've done it, I can't imagine how or why I went 27 years of my life without ever indulging in a massage before.

It was so warm, comfortable, and relaxing. There were a few slightly painful moments when she was working on my neck and shoulder area. She said that I had a lot of knots/tense muscles in there, and said she knew I would when I told her that I work a desk job. But even though it hurt a little, it was also the best part!

Oh, except for when she massaged my scalp. That practically put me to sleep. Unfortunately, the scalp was the last thing she did, so I was just getting into that "place" of deep relaxation when she was all, "OK, Heather, we're done." Bummer. But it was a nice, long, relaxing hour and it was just plain fabulous.

I feel nice and "loose" now, but I also feel a little bit sore! She said not to be surprised if my neck and shoulders ache a bit tomorrow. I never thought that a massage would end up causing me pain! I'm pretty sure it's worth it, though.

And now, I have 12 days of vacation from work! Yesss! I'm one of the lucky ones; my company closes for the holidays every year.

Is there anything better than the first day of vacation? I think not.

6 comments:

Dana December 22, 2009 at 10:42 PM  

I am with you. My job closes starting on Christmas Eve every year. I can not wait until Thursday.
My husband and I had massages last weekend. I love them.

Rhiannon December 23, 2009 at 12:13 AM  

I LOVE massages; my fiance's aunt does it for a living and I don't take advantage near enough! Just a note though - make sure you drink lots of water for the next day or so. When you get a massage like that, a lot of toxins get released from your muscles so you want to flush them out! :-)

lbdesignsshop@gmail.com December 23, 2009 at 12:14 AM  

I lost my massage virginity today too! My mom treated me to a message, facial and pedicure. Merry Cristmas to us! I was the best experience ever. I will certainly be going back!!

MB December 23, 2009 at 7:31 AM  

I am glad to hear that your first massage experience was so great! The first time going is a little anxious since you don't know what to expect - but it's pretty ah-maz-ing!

Enjoy your break!! I start my 11 day vacation tomorrow - yay!

Cheryl December 23, 2009 at 9:21 AM  

My boyfriend's company gets off for the holidays too! Luckily, I am applying to teaching jobs, so I should have some vacation around the holidays (I'd assume). Do you guys have anything planned besides holiday visits and relaxing? Since you just got back from Texas, maybe a short day trip somewhere?

Becky December 23, 2009 at 11:31 AM  

I wish our company closed for the holidays! My first (and only) massage hurt too a little bit...Glad you enjoyed it.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP