Santa Baby

Friday, December 18, 2009

He is surely going to hate his Aunt Heather for this when he's older, but...

IMG_4769rs-sq by heatherdrive.
...I couldn't resist.

Sorry, buddy. You and all your pudge were just too cute not to photograph this way. I had a vision in my head and I forced you to cooperate. I'm sure I'll pay for it when taking your photos in future years. You know, when you can run away.

I did this little mini-session with 6-month-old Hunter over the Thanksgiving weekend. He wasn't in the greatest mood (teething, I think), so I was really pressing my luck with this. In an act of what was clearly retaliation, he did pee all over me during a fussy moment when I tried to comfort him. But it was a sacrifice well worth it in the end. Because I mean, COME ON. I may not have walked away with much to work with, but who cares when you end up with a winner like this? I think it's one of my favorites ever.

Once he was clearly done being naked, we did a few pics in his cute Christmas jammies. This one turned out cute:
IMG_4777e2-rs by heatherdrive.
Look! A little smile! (He wasn't offering much that day.)

We're going to try to take a few more nice photos of him this weekend, so Kara can give them to her family as Christmas presents. Here's hoping that this "Santa Baby" won't hold all this against me. :)

7 comments:

Rachel and Jeremy December 18, 2009 at 3:02 PM  

That is an awesome picture. I'm curious what you had Hunter sitting on, was it a mirror?

I would love to see how you set up some of your pictures that you take. I have a Canon Rebel XSI and I still feel like I have so much to learn to get "semi-professional" photos.

Merry Christmas!

Kate December 18, 2009 at 4:06 PM  

Adorable! I love your photos and am always happy to see them posted.

Emily December 19, 2009 at 11:34 AM  

That is the best photo ever!!! I have to get a new camera before we have kids ;)

Heather,  December 20, 2009 at 12:17 PM  

o.m.g.... that is TOO adorable! you are doing so well with your photography!!! i cannot wait to get a new camera!

Pie December 21, 2009 at 5:50 PM  

Those two pictures are too cute! You have been constantly surprising me everytime I see your work. Keep them coming, girl!!

Wishing on stars December 31, 2009 at 2:01 AM  

Oh my goodness he is sooo sweet!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP