Blocked

Monday, December 8, 2008

If you normally check in with me every day, you may have noticed that I've been a bit M.I.A. for the last several days.

As it turns out--For the first time since I started this blog back in July, I am suffering from a bit of writer's block. I have written almost every day since I started Heather Drive. And really, my streak goes back further than that, to Road to the Aisle. I blogged really regularly for the last several months on that blog, as well.

My problem stems from a combination of things. 1) True writer's block. I feel like I haven't had much to talk about. 2) Things have been busy. This weekend, I spent much of my free time working on Christmas presents. 3) Secrecy.

The secrecy part comes into play because there are things that I'd like to talk about that I can't talk about yet. So, to be fair, I do have things to share--I just can't because I don't want to ruin the surprise for a few people who read this blog.

As for the busy weekend... if you scroll down, you'll see that I did catch up on a couple of blog posts that I had intended to write this weekend.

With that, I turn to you. I'll keep brainstorming, and for sure, I'll keep writing. But, help a girl out.

Is there anything in particular you'd like to see more of on the blog? Anything you want to hear about?

How about questions for me? About anything--baking, cooking, the blog, my life?

13 comments:

Anonymous,  December 8, 2008 at 9:58 AM  

Hi Heather!

I love reading your blog! I am so addicted...(Even though I am a complete stranger) I enjoy reading about the updates on your life and the recipes (thanks for the photos of your creations too!). I wish you, Michael, and Tessa the best!

What are some of your favorite blogs? I know through out your posts you refer to some...Just curious! Thanks! :)

Vanessa December 8, 2008 at 11:17 AM  

Hi Heather,

One of the things I most enjoy about your blog is the variety: politics or cooking, baking or day-to-day things - I love it all and how it brings out different facets of your life.

I have a question - how do you fit it all in? Are you very organised with journals etc? How far in advance do you plan everything to get it done? And do you feel your responsibilities/hobbies have changed since getting married?

One other thing, though I don't know if you want to talk about it in your blog: you mentioned a while back that you were thinking about your career and further education. It would be wonderful to know your thoughts on this, and if you don't feel you can blog about it, it would be good to know what your ideal job or work-life balance would be, and perhaps more about your job! I've realised I haven't written much about mine and I'm going to try to do so.

Just a few ideas - I really enjoy following! Honestly, no-one would know you have writer's block!

Thanks :)

Unknown December 8, 2008 at 11:51 AM  

I love your blog. The whole secrecy thing has me intrigued!!

Anne December 8, 2008 at 12:53 PM  

Hey Heather!

I'm another stranger who keeps up after your road to the aisle blog (I feel super creepy)... but I loved your cake decorating posts!! I've been wanting to take one of those wilton classes for forever, but can't seem to find the time.

Heather December 8, 2008 at 3:36 PM  

Haha, Chels... now that I go back and read, I realize I made the secrecy thing sound much more exciting than it really is. It's just about Christmas gifts. I can't give away what people are getting for Christmas!

Gia December 8, 2008 at 4:16 PM  

Whenever I talk about having a secret, everyone leaps to me being pregnant...

BUT...what blogs do you frequent? I just enjoy your writing style, so I will continue to check in until the writer's block is gone.

Anonymous,  December 8, 2008 at 5:18 PM  

i love your blog, by the way. it's one of my daily reads!

regarding a possible blog topic, you seem to thoroughly research things before making a decision (i.e. buying your tv). have you bought a car recently? if so, what did you do as far as researching?

That Fresh Feeling December 9, 2008 at 12:36 PM  

Hi Heather!

I am a newbie to your blog (actually i am new altogeter to blogging) but look forward to reading more about you and your family! Tessa is so cute!

And i can't wait to try your chicken soup recipe...yum yum!

Anonymous,  December 9, 2008 at 5:30 PM  

I have been a follower since Road to the Aisle and i remember a post (couldnt find it to reference) but you said that something is happening and something you cannot wait to happen? You can talk about that, as a follow up because i am sure i am not the only one that is curious!

My Dream Ring December 9, 2008 at 8:33 PM  

Heather:
I love your blog and I enjoy trying your recipes and seeing that cute little Tessa! I hate secrets, I can't wait until you spill the beans, I will be on the lookout.

The Jesse December 9, 2008 at 9:30 PM  

i love your recipes!

and, BTW - you've been tagged!

Anna December 10, 2008 at 10:20 AM  

Hey there! I've been following you since the Road to the Aisle days...and was totally jealous of your crafting skills! Are there any home projects that you are doing/want to do? Do you still take orders for the aisle runners and banners? Do you have any great crafty tips?

Keep writing whatever comes to your head, and I'm sure we'll keep reading! I just started my own blog, too! Check it out if you have a minute.

Anonymous,  December 11, 2008 at 11:27 AM  

Secrecy = Pregnancy!

Im so excited!
I hope to hear prego & baby stories!

Happy Holidays!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP