Snow Day!

Friday, December 19, 2008

Last night, they were forecasting a snowstorm for today. We woke up this morning and everything looked the same as it has the last few days. No new snow to speak of.

As I was walking into work, little flakes started to come down. By 9:00 a.m., it was really coming down. Rumors started circulating at work that we were going to be sent home early.

Sure enough, at 10:30, we received an e-mail saying that my company would be closing at noon. Very exciting.

When noon hit, everyone rushed out to their cars to start wiping them off. The snow was already a few inches deep and it was quite the production. Once in my car, I was off... and I couldn't believe how crappy the roads were. It was as if nothing had even been plowed.

Not sure if these pics accurately display the crappy weather, but they hopefully give an idea. (I was at a red light, people. I wouldn't take pictures while driving in this stuff!)

Once home, I was pissed to find out that our neighborhood had not been plowed, either. Umm, hello, homeowner's association. What exactly are we paying you for?

I actually got stuck trying to get into the garage. I gave it a couple of attempts but it was clear I was not going to get in without getting out and doing some work. I had to run into the house to get the snow shovel out of our front hallway. Meanwhile, my shoes were now filled with snow, my socks were wet, and I was freezing. Perhaps I should have had the foresight to wear boots today?

Anyway, I was able to push enough of the snow out of the way to fight my way into the garage.

I went inside and grabbed Tessa to take her outside. She was not happy. She peed right in the middle of the sidewalk (in one of my footprints, to be exact), and it was clear she wanted to go back inside immediately. Who can blame her? Look, her stomach drags in the snow. Poor baby.

The only way I could get pics of her was to pick her up and take some self portraits. I was pissed the flash went off, but it actually turned out kind of cool because it reflected off of the falling flakes.

And then one without the flash... haha, look at Tessa's head. Awww.

So now I am snowed in! I was so happy to put my pajamas back on, with some warm fuzzy socks and a sweatshirt. I watched Made of Honor (sooo bad), and got dinner into the crockpot. Now I'm just waiting for Michael to get home. I've been sitting here listening to people getting stuck in the middle of the street (still no plows!), and I'm worried he'll get stuck, too. Should be fun.

At least we know we'll have a white Christmas!

6 comments:

ashley December 19, 2008 at 4:21 PM  

how cute is your pup? I just love dogs in the snow!

Unknown December 19, 2008 at 4:33 PM  

Oh man, looks like you guys are in the same boat as we are! Our HOA snow removal service is very unreliable too, what's the deal with that? Ours was plowed yesterday and today though, must have had some complaints last year, it took them a week to plow us then.

Jenn and Neena Mae December 19, 2008 at 6:27 PM  

I was snowed into today too! And, our streets haven't been plowed yet, either!

Tessa's too cute in the pics. :-)

Anonymous,  December 19, 2008 at 6:42 PM  

Made of Honor was such a piece of crap! I expected it to be good for some reason. I was sent home early from work because of snow as well. Its niiiice! Hope Michael makes it home safe!

Gia December 20, 2008 at 12:23 AM  

We were PRAYING for a snow day today...you must have gotten what just missed us in Cleveland.

Vanessa December 20, 2008 at 8:30 AM  

Amazing amount of snow! Hehe, we had just a sprinkling in Paris and everyone was excited. Looking at your pictures, my snow pictures look so silly because of how little snow we actually had. So glad you got to enjoy a cosy day in though! Just what a girl needs sometimes!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP