Um, wow.

Friday, December 12, 2008

I am seriously impressed by all of the responses I've received about Operation Baking Gals. And I'm guessing (it's just a hunch!) that once sign-up information is up and actually available, I might get even more of you signed up to help. So, thank you.

Just as an FYI, I'm thinking that sign-up info is probably not going to be available until mid-January. They are planning to have a little bit more time between Rounds 5 & 6 than usual, just to give people a little break after the holidays.

It seems that when things get moving, they really move. Basically, you just sign up and then bake almost right away. But I promise I will post the sign-up info as soon as it is available, so as long as you keep coming back to visit, you'll know about it. I think I'm probably just going to call our team "Team Heather Drive" so when you go to the website, it's pretty obvious which team is ours.

Here's the thing. As of now, we have so many people committed that we can actually help two soldiers at a time. Baking Gals asks that there is a minimum of 10 people on each team. As of now, I think we have at least 25 people! So seriously, if you have soldiers you want to help, please e-mail me their info as soon as possible. I'll want to have our soldier(s) chosen before I begin the sign-up process. Then, once sign-up begins, I'll ask that you split yourselves pretty evenly among the two teams. We'll just have "Team Heather Drive - Soldier #1 Name" and "Team Heather Drive - Soldier #2 Name." :)

If you're interested, and haven't let me know yet, please go back to my original Baking Gals post and leave a comment. The more people I get committed to helping, the more soldiers we can help for each round. If we get up close to 40 people, I'll probably even split our team into three parts. THREE soldiers! Wouldn't that be amazing?

I figured there would be people who want to help, but I had no idea the response would be so good--especially within the first 24 hours! I'm so excited for Round 6! I'll make sure to keep you posted.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  December 12, 2008 at 1:52 PM  

Yay team Heather Drive!!

Amy December 13, 2008 at 3:22 PM  

My Brothers best friend is in Iraq--I was hoping to be chosen as ahost next round--I am currently on team just add nuts--but if you would consider "adopting"him that would be great--his name is Christian Castillo

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP