Packing Up & Shipping Out

Monday, December 15, 2008

Cookies, of course. And cupcake bites. Lots and lots of cupcake bites.

Today, I braved the post office on the busiest day of the year to ship out some very special packages to a handful of family and friends--both near(er) and far.

Those cupcake bites that I made on Friday night? Last night, I packed most of them in little candy boxes so that they can hit the road... out of our house, and out of my sight! Eight of them fit perfectly in every box. I was really happy with how these turned out, and I hope our recipients will be happy, too!

I tied each box up with a festive ribbon. I also tucked them into a gallon-size ziplock bag to keep them fresh until they get to their destination.

But wouldn't you know it? Those Priority Mail boxes had a lot of room in them. So I couldn't just let the cupcake bites go off on their own. After all of the baking I did over the weekend, I wanted to share some of the other goodies, too.

Each shipment included a box of the cupcake bites, two sugar cookie cutouts, and two peanut butter cup cookies (I will post that recipe tomorrow!). Oh, and a shitload of packing peanuts. You know, for protection. Each cookie was bagged and tied with more holiday ribbon. And again, I stuck the cookies in a ziploc bag to further help keep them soft and chewy.

The dining room table (and kitchen!) were definitely messy throughout this whole process, but in the end, with major help from my husband, we got it all cleaned up. After all of that baking craziness, the house is back to normal.

I was happy to drop those boxes in the mail today, and I'll be even happier when they start arriving and being enjoyed. Because I'll tell you... all of the Christmas spirit?

I think I might be running out of it.

I have just enough time to recharge before next week.

6 comments:

Kelly December 15, 2008 at 6:59 PM  

those are so cute! I would love to get one of those in the mail. I think I might have to make those cupcake bites soon.

noisy penguin December 15, 2008 at 9:30 PM  

You have inspired me to bake for people. I don't know if I'll attempt the cupcake bites or not, but you're giving me the urge to get in the kitchen and bake for people. =)

Courtney December 16, 2008 at 8:54 AM  

Those Cupcake Bites look SO good. Are they hard to make? I saw the entry you made the last time you made them and I'm thinking about trying them myself, but just not sure how they will come out! All the recipes you post here look so good... :) I love cooking and baking but nothing I make ever looks half as good as yours!

Anonymous,  December 16, 2008 at 9:15 AM  

Your presentation on all of these things is so fabulous. I would be so appreciative to receive one of these - your friends and family will love them and be very grateful, I'm sure. You're definitely spreading the Christmas cheer! :)

~Elizabeth

Heather December 16, 2008 at 10:28 AM  

Courtney--The cupcake bites are certainly time consuming, but I didn't think they were hard. Good luck!

Courtney December 16, 2008 at 11:16 AM  

Thanks, I'll most likely give them a try and probably make a post about it after! :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP