Seven Months

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I went through a good portion of the day thinking to myself, "January 21. January 21... why do I feel like something happens on January 21?"

As it turns out, nothing happens on January 21, but the "21" will probably always sound familiar to me.

Why? Well, because of June 21, of course.

Seven months now! Well on our way to the one-year mark.

And speaking of the one-year mark... Tonight, we booked our flight for our first anniversary trip. We're going to Seattle and San Francisco!

I was born in Seattle, but only lived there until I was 6 years old. I've been back a few times, but Michael has never been. It's been on our "list" for a while, so we figured we'd jump at the opportunity to go all of the way out there while we have the chance.

Neither of us have been to San Francisco, and we've always wanted to go, so hey--if we're going all the way across the country, we might as well take advantage of it and visit two cities instead of one.

So we're going to be spending about 5 days in Seattle, and then another 5 in San Francisco. Fun, fun! We're hoping the weather will be kind to us and it'll be beautiful for mid-June. Can't wait!

Meanwhile, we still have four more "mini anniversaries" until we hit the real one. But with the way things have been going, those will all fly by before we know it. Isn't that just the way life works?

14 comments:

Michelle MGD January 21, 2009 at 8:55 PM  

That should be such a great anniversary trip! San Francisco is in my neck of the woods. You will LOVE it there. Do you have any thing planned yet?

Happy 7 months! It has gone by so fast.

Nani January 21, 2009 at 9:11 PM  

Happy 7 month-versary!!!
It's ours too, and funny that you said, Brent and I are planning to go to Seattle for our anniversary... he is insanely in love with that city!

Laura January 21, 2009 at 10:19 PM  

congrats on your 7 months! how wonderful!

Anonymous,  January 22, 2009 at 2:28 AM  

Congrats! I have lived in the Seattle area for nearly my entire life. June is a gray area--it usually rains through the middle of June and then gets sunny around the last week or 2. Every year after school was out, we'd all mope around because it was Summer and we couldnt even go out and play until we had been out of school for 2 weeks!

I love San Francisco. I go about twice a year. My favorite place on Earth.

Loni January 22, 2009 at 7:40 AM  

I'm delurking after over a year of reading to say that I think this might be my favorite wedding photo of the two of you! So gorgeous! Happy 7 months! :)

S January 22, 2009 at 8:05 AM  

My anniversary is almost exactly one month before yours. It's crazy how fast 1 year is approaching. We went to SF for part of our honeymoon. It was so much fun. Our favorite thing was the sunset catamaran cruise (http://www.adventurecat.com/).
Happy 7 months!

Lesley Rae January 22, 2009 at 8:37 AM  

San Francisco is so fun!! You and Michael will have a great time! Check out China Town - lots of interesting stuff there...

Happy 7 months!

Ellen Mint January 22, 2009 at 10:16 AM  

Happy 7 monthsiversary (I invented a new word, someone call Webster).

Sounds like you have a good time planned for the annual aniversary.

Courtney January 22, 2009 at 10:30 AM  

Yay, happy 7 month anniversary! That's so exciting and your anniversary trip sounds like it will be so much fun! :)

Linda January 22, 2009 at 11:35 AM  

Happy 7th month anniversay! I hope you have a great time in Seattle (that's my neck of the woods). Looking forward to what you both do here.
Right now it's cold-in the 30's and 40's. I'm freezing!

Anonymous,  January 22, 2009 at 2:39 PM  

let me know if you need any idea's or recs for SF. 5 days is quite a bit of time there, maybe you can rent a car and visit Napa Valley Wine country for a day :)

Heather January 22, 2009 at 5:40 PM  

It will be our 6 month mini-versary on Feb 16th. 6 months! I can't belive it went by so fast!! I get excited all over again when I think about our first anniversary as husband and wife!

Your vacation sounds wonderful!

There is something for you on my blog. Check it out. :)

Anonymous,  January 22, 2009 at 6:02 PM  

I found this blog through your wedding blog (which I must thank you for cause it's been so SO helpful!) San Fran is by far one of the most beautiful places I've ever been to! There's so much to do so that's good that you're dedicating 5 days there! Just make sure you pack coats because it can get soooo cold! Even in June! :) Oh, and make sure you visit Alcatraz!

ErinsFoodFiles January 23, 2009 at 10:10 PM  

Have fun! I went to SF in early October and absolutely fell in love with the city. I can't wait to go back. Be sure to have breakfast at Dottie's. It was the best meal of my whole trip!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP