A Day with the Boys

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Yesterday, we drove down for a visit with Michael's sister and her family. We wanted to get there to see them since the way our schedules are, it's possible we might not see them again until mid- to late July. :(

It was a beautiful day, so we spent the majority of it outside, watching Brendan explore the backyard. We also discovered that Logan already likes the baby swing on the swingset--at three months old! They are both too cute and we can't believe how fast they are growing.

My photography "hobby" has really started to become a bit more than that. I have been practicing and working on it so much lately. I feel like I am constantly taking and editing photos. I'll tell you one thing--learning photography is so NOT easy. For any professional photographers out there--I give you major credit. MAJOR credit.

Fortunately, a lot of it is starting to click for me. I have a long way to go, but I've found that I've started to surprise myself. Photographing Hunter's birth, for instance. I was SO nervous, but when I was finished with the slideshow (sorry, can't/won't show it here since it captured such personal/emotional moments), I was seriously proud. And I did an actual newborn "session" with Hunter this morning, and I have to say, those images are looking pretty good for a beginner like me! (I'll show you some of those soon.)

Anyway, I leave you with some snapshots from our day with the boys yesterday. Nothing too special (if we're talking technically)... just a few for fun. The bright sun definitely posed challenges for me, so it was good practice.

Check out the "Big Brother" and "Little Brother" t-shirts on the boys. We bought them for them around the time Logan was baptized, and they wore them for us today. So cute.

Michael and Melissa with baby Logan (who was squinting from the sun!).

Max loved playing out in the yard, too. Next time, we're going to bring Tessa with us.

Brendan loves hats and sunglasses. He ran around with them on all afternoon. I've never seen a 21-month-old who will keep sunglasses on. I was amazed. This is a cool shot of him on the bench swing on their swingset. I got down below him, and he was looking at me like, "WHAT are you doing?!"

With both boys! I think this is the first time we've ever successfully taken shots like this.

Love little kids with juice boxes.

Logan, lounging on Uncle Michael's lap on the swings. He was so serious yesterday. Normally, we can get him to smile really easily. He wasn't so amused by us yesterday for some reason. I did have a pretty long "conversation" with him at one point where he was smiling and cooing at me (so much so that he ended up with hiccups), but we didn't get any pictures.

Love these boys!

4 comments:

Elizabeth June 2, 2009 at 12:48 PM  

So adorable! I love the juice box pics and the one of Max.

I've been trying to learn photography lately (mainly just trying to work past auto mode), and it really is tough! It's something I want to be really good at, so it's frustrating that it takes so much time and studying and practicing.

Nicole June 2, 2009 at 12:54 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicole June 2, 2009 at 12:55 PM  

I'm also easing my way into relying less on the auto settings on my Nikon D90 and learning how to appropriately use all the modes. It's so technical and mathematical-- definitely overwhelming! It has made me better at evaluating a technically "good" and "bad" photo though!

You should share some of your learning tips with the rest of us! Are there any books or websites you're using?

Laura June 2, 2009 at 5:52 PM  

those are wonderful pictures. they look professionally done.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP