The Great Outdoors

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Today was all about being outside in the absolutely gorgeous weather we are having. All I have to document it is a few crappy cell phone pictures, but bear with me. :)

First, we went on a 17-mile bike ride. This pic is from about the 8.5-mile mark, where we stopped for a water break and turned around to ride back.

On the way back, we stopped for our first frozen custard of the season. I'm a kid at heart--always gotta go for the rainbow sprinkles!

So delicious. I looooove frozen custard. It was melting quickly, though. Right after taking the photo, I had to work on the sides to get it "under control." It's a difficult job, but someone's gotta do it. :)

Once home, we were on our way back outside as soon as we had our bikes stashed in the garage. Next up was a 3.5-mile walk with little Tessa girl. We couldn't leave her inside all day!

All of this activity left me in dire need of a shower and a little rest. My legs were exhausted. After dinner, though, we hit the pavement again and took Tess out for another little walk. We let her off the leash at a nearby school and ran her around the sports fields. She was in Heaven.

We definitely made the most of the sunshine today, that's for sure. The temperatures were perfect, too. Love, love, love this weather.

And love, love, LOVE three-day weekends.

4 comments:

Jill May 24, 2009 at 11:20 PM  

I absolutely ADORE crunch coat.... so good!

Beckie May 24, 2009 at 11:27 PM  

Is that Abbott's? If so, that is some of the best stuff out there!

Anonymous,  May 25, 2009 at 1:58 AM  

I love custard. I had it for the first time when I was in ST Louis. Ted Drewes! YUM. Lucky you guys have it, we dont have anything like that out here.

Lynsey Kaye May 26, 2009 at 1:43 AM  

Rainbow sprinkles are the best!! :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP